1 - 20 of 2987 Posts

·
Registered
25,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://collider.com/the-master-release-date/155527/

We have a release date, guys!

Just in time for Festival Season.

PTA and Johnny Greenwood in front of the Alamo Drafthouse; rumor has it that 'The Master' will premiere there.

http://thefilmstage.com/news/the-master-teaches-in-19-official-stills-for-paul-thomas-andersons-highly-anticipated-drama/

PSH: "It's not the L. Ron Hubbard story. [Scientology] was one of the bigger movements at the time, but there were a lot of movements at that time," says Hoffman. "There's nothing about how I'm behaving or talking that echoes [Hubbard]. I thought of a lot of other bigger-than-life personalities, charismatic people like Orson Welles."

·
Registered
14,874 Posts
I find interesting that this is Paul Thomas Anderson's first film without Robert Elswit.  Furthermore, Mihai Malaimare Jr, the new DP, only has experience shooting digitally (most of Coppola's latest films).  It must be such a huge jump from shooting digitally to shooting in a large format like 65mm.

·
Banned
24,748 Posts
Il Cinefilo said:
I find interesting that this is Paul Thomas Anderson's first film without Robert Elswit.  Furthermore, Mihai Malaimare Jr, the new DP, only has experience shooting digitally (most of Coppola's latest films).  It must be such a huge jump from shooting digitally to shooting in a large format like 65mm.
This is definitely the biggest question for me.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
So many great directors are releasing films this year... PTA, Tarantino, Woody, Spielberg, Nolan, Cuaron, Ridley Scott, Anderson, Stone, Peter Jackson, Tom Hooper, Ang Lee

Fuck

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
TheCreativeCreator said:
So many great directors are releasing films this year... PTA, Tarantino, Woody, Spielberg, Nolan, Cuaron, Ridley Scott, Anderson, Stone, Peter Jackson, Tom Hooper, Ang Lee

Fuck
this. great year for movies imo.

·
Banned
35,368 Posts
TheCreativeCreator said:

Fuck
Crazy shit!

1 - 20 of 2987 Posts