Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so you know those tribal voices kanye uses in the backgrounds of a lot of things now, like all the screaming and just weird ass noises.
does anyone know where he gets these from?  :allears:

·
Registered
19,906 Posts
well the who will survive in america in lost in the world leak is gill scott heron a good song of his is called
the revolution will not be televised

the revolution will not be televised the revolution will be live  ---  im waiting for kanye to use this line in a song

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mids89ohio said:
well the who will survive in america in lost in the world leak is gill scott heron a good song of his is called
the revolution will not be televised

the revolution will not be televised the revolution will be live  ---  im waiting for kanye to use this line in a song
i know  :work:
i'm talking about the Tribal chants and screams like in Amazing.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
he is doing them. thats him screaming (if you mean those screams from 808s)

the "hey" sample he uses in almost every beat now is a michael jackson sample i think. first used in consequence's 'whatever u want'

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chrb said:

the "hey" sample he uses in almost every beat now is a michael jackson sample i think. first used in consequence's 'whatever u want'
nah the hey isnt from MJ, i have the same sample, i chopped it myself, i forget the name of the song thou.

but he sang them? thats cool i didnt know, jw if he got it from somewhere else

·
Banned
2,298 Posts
chrb said:

damn you're wrong on both of those... the scream in 808s is a dolphin cry in slow motion.

and as for the "hey"
phse one said:
the "hey" is form here

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
PrinceJane said:
damn you're wrong on both of those... the scream in 808s is a dolphin cry in slow motion.

and as for the "hey"
no they are not. this was his inspiration but he is doing them. i saw an interview where he said it.
but thanks for the video with the sample. it always sounded like mj to me and "whatever u want" samples some mj vocals so i thought it was the same..

·
Banned
2,298 Posts
chrb said:
no they are not. this was his inspiration but he is doing them. i saw an interview where he said it.
but thanks for the video with the sample. it always sounded like mj to me and "whatever u want" samples some mj vocals so i thought it was the same..
find me that interview, immediately. 

·
Banned
2,298 Posts
phse one said:
go to like 3:30 of this it kinda looks like he is but who knows on the album

WTF... wow, so the screams are in auto-tune and he probably just pitched them way up?  Well I'm not afraid to admit I'm wrong, someone just told me that who was close to the project at the time.  That's interesting though... Hm.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I remember an interview about 808's a while back, kanye talking about the "dolphin noises" on the album. He continued to defend his ever changing style by saying he might make "a whole album of just dolphin noises"

so I doubt that's him making those noises on 808's

1 - 20 of 30 Posts