Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...in its own way, against the bondage the media has on the masses.

I had no idea how complicated this song really was until I started listening to it, looping it around, trying to get ideas for my next English essay for Media Manipulation. 

:wom:

It's gonna be an exhausting effort explaining this for Rap Genius, but luckily Lupe explained it himself in this video (not that it's any easier to understand really, mind you, but it's cool to see him analyzing his own work): 


BTW, why wasn't there an official video ever made for this track??

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DeePhenom said:
i remember seeing a video of it but it wasnt an official video it was more like the making of the video but they never released  the final version of it!
Ahhh, that sucks.  :sarc2:  This song had great potential.  People love it when rock and rap crossover.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DeePhenom said:
Here it is. . .

D:  Watchin' this now!!

OMG, this looked like it was gon' be raw!! 

WTH, yo!  The comments say "label issues" stopped this video from ever being put out.  :facepalm:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,573 Posts
Coldplay Expert said:
D:  Watchin' this now!!

OMG, this looked like it was gon' be raw!! 

WTH, yo!  The comments say "label issues" stopped this video from ever being put out.  :facepalm:
yeah pretty good concept.

they seemed to visually grab Lupe's lyrics perfectly. Wished the final video would of been released!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DeePhenom said:
yeah pretty good concept.

they seemed to visually grab Lupe's lyrics perfectly. Wished the final video would of been released!!!
:-\

It seems we'll NEVER get A LOT of great material now, the way the labels are...

Lmao @ actually recognizing a comment from Newlopw3 from 3 weeks ago!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
501 Posts
love this song. and i thought i understood the entire message of media brainwashing and what not, then Lupe came online a while back on a forum, explained it, and i was more confused. lol...then he mentioned something about how we're all falling victim to the same exact message he's trying to prove in the song because we were coming to the box, in this case our computers, going online trying to find answers....
lol pwned
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,295 Posts
Maybe now that atlantic likes lupe they can release it. prolly not tho
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,551 Posts
Coldplay Expert said:
I had no idea how complicated this song really was until I started listening to it, looping it around, trying to get ideas for my next English essay for Media Manipulation. 

yo i wrote an essay about the "dumbing down" of media and how that co-incited with the dumbing down of hip-hop. lupe was the center piece of my argument. i also mentioned this song. i would say this was by far my favorite essay to write. i was only required like 4 pages. i wrote like 8 cause i had so much to say

one of my top 5 lupe songs btw
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
blev42 said:
yo i wrote an essay about the "dumbing down" of media and how that co-incited with the dumbing down of hip-hop. lupe was the center piece of my argument. i also mentioned this song. i would say this was by far my favorite essay to write. i was only required like 4 pages. i wrote like 8 cause i had so much to say

one of my top 5 lupe songs btw
I'm gonna cite the song as an example in my essay, but mine's gonna have to center on print being overridden by television and digital media.  I think it'll fit, still, don't you?

Glad you enjoyed writing yours, though, really I am.  I love writing, and I personally love it when I have so much material that I don't really have to stress it.  :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,551 Posts
Coldplay Expert said:
I'm gonna cite the song as an example in my essay, but mine's gonna have to center on print being overridden by television and digital media.  I think it'll fit, still, don't you?

Glad you enjoyed writing yours, though, really I am.  I love writing, and I personally love it when I have so much material that I don't really have to stress it.  :)
basically i had to write a response to an essay this dude wrote about the dumbing down of media. so my response was basically talking about how the same things happen with music on the radio.

and yeah i think u should still be able to fit in hip-hop if thats your given topic.
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top