Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 800 Posts

·
Registered
19,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Messed up left ankle/leg, had to quit in the last week :( day 57. below is my journey.

How many of you all have done this? Any tips or advice to help me pull through these 60 days.

Month 1:

day 1, fit test - it was a struggle but pulled through.

day 2, i was doing fine till the basketball drills came along and killed my legs, had to stop alot..

day 3, went ever so slightly better than the day before, calves are feeling pretty sore, going strong though!

day 4, looks like the days off will be the only easy days in this workout plan, my quads were burning during the stretches lol

day 5, got through the warm up without needing a break (improving), the lack of breaks in 'pure cardio' ended up coming back to haunt me in the last few minutes of the exercise.

day 6, was doing okayish till the last set, the exercises level 1 drill and the following 2 ab exercises were a nightmare. Week 1 complete!

day 7 - DAY OFF

Day 8, second time doing cardio power & resistance.. fine till the last 10 minutes where i struggled to keep up with the amount of press ups required, everything else was fine

Day 9, pure cardio.. not much to say about this one tbh, did okayish till the end the push up exercises have to be the worst ones for me

Day 10, plyometric cardio circuit, basketball drills really kicked my ass, i cant tell if i did better than the last time i did this.

Day 11, those recovery squats and lunges really have me shaking, when you have to hold them after and pulsate

Day 12, cardio power & resistance, wasnt that impressive, think improving slightly..

Day 13, pure cardio and cardio abs, Same as the last time i did pure cardio tbh. Cardio abs were a challenge probably due to the fact that i did it straight after the cardio exercise. WEEK 2 COMPLETE.

Day 14 - DAY OFF

Day 15, fit test again. . .i improved quite abit in some exercises, some not so much

Day 16, plyo circuit.. not much to say about today, slightly improving..

Day 17, pure cardio & cardio abs, i cant tell if im getting better in this one, such a struggle to not stop often..

Day 18, cardio recovery, its still a struggle to hold and pulse the squats and the lunges..

day 19, cardio power resistance, not much to say, still a challenge!

day 20, plyo circuit, performing better... fearing the worst for month 2.

day 21, DAY OFF

day 22, i enjoy the cardio abs workout, it also seems to provide a good warm up for the pure cardio clip..

day 23, what a cvnt this workout is, i dont know if i was doing the v push ups properly

day 24, plyo circuit, am i trying harder or are these workouts still as hard as when i first started lol

day 25, cardio recovery, them lunges and squats still murder my knee area.

day 26, cardio abs + pure cardio - fun but tiring..

day 27, plyo circuit last workout of the month went as usual, with the occasional couple second rests..

day 28, DAY OFF (MONTH 1 COMPLETE)

Recovery Week:

day 29, Core Cardio & Balance #1 ✓

day 30, Core Cardio & Balance #2 ✓

day 31, Core Cardio & Balance #3 ✓

day 32, Core Cardio & Balance #4 ✓

day 33, Core Cardio & Balance #5 ✓

day 34, Core Cardio & Balance #6 ✓

day 35, DAY OFF

Let the insanity begin :datass: Month 2:

day 36 - Just did the fit test, i gassed out trying to complete an extra globe jump and the results for the ones after suffered.. Max interval circuit, wow what a pain in the ass, felt like day 2 all over again.. its going to be a long month.

day 37 - max interval plyo, this one felt worse than the day before, need to practice the technique on the push up variations.

day 38 - max cardio conditioning, the fact that theres no breaks in this one really kicks my ass, was pausing for breaks alot! which is normal i guess.

day 39 - max recovery, that shoulder workout in this was a killer! the rest wasnt too bad though..

day 40 - max interval circuit, went better than last time, didn't feel like death afterwards, prob because i didnt have a fit test todo!

day 41 - max interval plyo, really need to practice the balance push ups and v push ups (struggled todo them), felt pretty bad after the hour was complete.

day 42 - DAY OFF

day 43 - max cardio conditioning, not much to say, taking less breaks than before i think, legs are still tired from last week

day 44 - max interval circuit, man this workout is loooooooong! -not much to say here-

day 45 - max interval plyo, its safe to say i hate the second set set of the interval circuit, level 3 drills <<<<<<<<<<<<

day 46 - max recovery, those push up exercises are killer!

day 47 - insane abs, first time doing this one, enjoyed it.. need to work on my balance for quite a few exercises though! max cardio conditioning, was alright tbh! this workout feels like its going by quicker than before

day 48 - max interval sports training first time this is probably the most entertaining workout of the month 2 videos, a lot of fun!

day 49 - DAY OFF

TWO WEEKS LEFT

day 50 - fit test & max interval circuit, fuck shaun t for putting the fit test on the same day as the longest workout, so tired.

day 51 - max interval plyo, them level 3 drills still owning me :(, improving slightly..

day 52 - insane abs + max cardio conditioning, enjoyed both workouts, getting better!

day 53 - max recovery (for the third & last time) i love how this still had me sweating buckets.

day 54 - max interval circuit, i dont know how i always make it past the second circuit, tiring shizzle.

day 55 - max interval sports training, this shit is still fun, my favorite workout out of them all. 1 MORE WEEK LEFT!

day 56 - DAY OFF

day 57 - max interval plyo, :cryfam: disappointed with myself.. gassed towards the end

day 58 -

day 59 -

day 60 -

day 61 -

day 62 -

day 63 - fit test

- END.

·
Registered
19,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stan Smith said:
Can someone explain to me what "insanity" is. I know it's some type of training, but what exactly?
neph27 said:
I wanna try this or p90x over the summer
I would write a paragraph up but this'll do

White Hippy said:
are you suppose to lose a certain amount of weight by day 60?
I dont think there is a certain amount they guarantee, guess depends on your diet and you i suppose

·
Registered
19,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doobie P. Miles said:
If your trying to lose weight AND get sculpted find a local crossfit gym.
i saw stuff like this on somebody elses thread, i dont plan on going to a gym, i do not have the money for that. Thank you for suggesting alternatives but i dont plan on trying any out. I have been keeping in shape months before this and i just wanted to try different type of cardio. Anyway, ive started this i intend to finish it

·
Registered
19,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BrickSquad said:
Ive heard insanity works...but idk...i feel like a lot of those infomercial things are all bullshit tbh
Yeah i get what you mean, but i've seen quite a few posts over the time ive been on KTT about insanity and ive only heard good things of it (if my memory serves me correctly)

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Caporegime said:
Yeah i get what you mean, but i've seen quite a few posts over the time ive been on KTT about insanity and ive only heard good things of it (if my memory serves me correctly)
well if youre comfortable with running in place and sweating profusely in your living room, then by all means...buy it!

i just think you're going to lose alot of water weight through sweating, which is their main focus. in my opinion, working out at a cheap gym will get you further than a dvd

·
Registered
19,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BrickSquad said:
well if youre comfortable with running in place and sweating profusely in your living room, then by all means...buy it!

i just think you're going to lose alot of water weight through sweating, which is their main focus. in my opinion, working out at a cheap gym will get you further than a dvd
i got it free off the internet my dude  :ninja:

its abit early to tell if your correct on that yet, i wanna increase my explosiveness and agility and if i lose the little bit of stomach fat that lies over my abs then so be it  :kanyeshrug:

·
Premium Member
33,300 Posts
I have p90x. My experience is that the the fad workouts are ok, but it's so much better to just go to the gym.

1 - 20 of 800 Posts