Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems every year there is one hip hop album that is hyped up above the rest. That one album that is played everywhere. That one album that defines that year. I would say Kanye's Graduation was that album in 2007. I heard that album being played everywhere. at my college. In the streets. Stronger and Good life were all over the radio. 2008 would def go to Lil Wayne's Tha Carter 3. That album was also everywhere when it came out. Even people who don't normally listen to hip hop was banging that shit. 2009 would probably belong to Jay-Z Blueprint 3 because of the hype and buildup that surrounded that album. It seems every rapper wanted to be on that album. 2010 of course would belong to Kanye's MBDTF.
Now I know there were other big releases during these years like Eminem's Recovery and Drake's Thank Me Later, but I think these albums were the ones that defined their years. And this has nothing to do with whether the albums were good or not, even thought most of them are. So what album do you think will be 2011's Big Hip hop album? It could potentially be Watch the Throne but I don't know. Maybe Detox if by some miracle it comes out this year. Possibly Carter 4 but Wayne doesn't seem to be as big as he used to be. Thoughts?

1 - 20 of 100 Posts