Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
72,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand the hate for it. OK so it's an Alternative album, not hip hop/rap, not everything Cudi makes has to be rap. I argue SB2H is his best album ever. The poor reviews were from people who were expecting rap but its not that! Cudi is trying something new and in my opinion he did it very well. I recently got kicked out of a party because I played Judgemental C**t thinking people would appreciate the change of braindead hate-rap, I was wrong, I only made it around a minute in before they disconnected the aux, whatever, enjoy rotting your mind instead of enlightening it with alternative music.

The album itself was a solid project. It had everything, angry songs, happy songs, sad songs, thought-provoking songs, songs that make you rage, it was perfect. It got so much hate but I'm willing to bet atleast 80% of you people hating on it every day haven't even listened to it. You just played a few songs and shut it off because he wasn't rapping, or there were no 'twerk-tunes' Well let me tell you something, Cudi isn't an artist who makes your twerk anthems and your bangers, he's an artist who makes real art, who makes art that stands the test of tmime,  art that makes you look at it in every angle, to truly understand SB2H, you gotta listen to it front-to-back, back-to-front, on shuffle, you have to take the time to really get engaged with the music, Feel it. If you do that I guarantee you'll love it.

·
Premium Member
45,400 Posts
Wzrd is a fucking masterpiece in comparison

It's not bad, wzrd is solid and that's where the experimenting should have ended

·
Registered
72,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bofa said:
U wrote all this knowing damn well your mom is getting dicked down in her room by a real dude and that this album still trash
Alright Bofa, shut the HELL up you piss me off so much, in every thread I just have to grit my teeth because you're always in there making some absoLUTE GARBAGE POST and I'm DONE with it you really pushed my last button with this stupid post NO my mom isn't getting dicked down and NO SB2H... IS NOT trash jesus christ It's an alternative rock/grunge album, Its progressive, Cudi is progressing as a human and as an ARTIST so if you don't understand him and just can't see his vision then you don't even deserve to enjoy SB2H's greatness. people like you make me want to bash my skull in and eat mud you really know how to be a shitposter bofa, i'm done with you welcome to my ignore list, rest in piss.

·
Registered
72,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i hate life said:
hahahah, you're kidding right?

even as an alternative rock/grunge album it is fuckin awful
its great, its gritty its real its the type of shit that makes me wish he was never made rap. Fucking got me wanting to ollie on a skateboard

·
Registered
63,581 Posts
DebbieTheRapper said:
I don't understand the hate for it. OK so it's an Alternative album, not hip hop/rap, not everything Cudi makes has to be rap. I argue SB2H is his best album ever. The poor reviews were from people who were expecting rap but its not that! Cudi is trying something new and in my opinion he did it very well. I recently got kicked out of a party because I played Judgemental C**t thinking people would appreciate the change of braindead hate-rap, I was wrong, I only made it around a minute in before they disconnected the aux, whatever, enjoy rotting your mind instead of enlightening it with alternative music.

The album itself was a solid project. It had everything, angry songs, happy songs, sad songs, thought-provoking songs, songs that make you rage, it was perfect. It got so much hate but I'm willing to bet atleast 80% of you people hating on it every day haven't even listened to it. You just played a few songs and shut it off because he wasn't rapping, or there were no 'twerk-tunes' Well let me tell you something, Cudi isn't an artist who makes your twerk anthems and your bangers, he's an artist who makes real art, who makes art that stands the test of tmime,  art that makes you look at it in every angle, to truly understand SB2H, you gotta listen to it front-to-back, back-to-front, on shuffle, you have to take the time to really get engaged with the music, Feel it. If you do that I guarantee you'll love it.
The poor reviews were definitely NOT because people were "expecting rap" or "it wasn't a rap album with twerk anthems and bangers" (which Cudi typically doesn't do anyway, much less known for doing).

It was received poorly — and rightfully so — because of how extremely basic the instrumentation was; it was pretty much an album filled with every chord and cliche from the beginners guide to 80s Alternative. The tone of album itself (and Cudi's promotional behavior) was overtly pompous, and ironically amateur. Not to mention the shudder-inducing Mike Judge skits that were thrown on there, just to make the album that much more contrived.

There is nothing progressive, important, or barely anything artful about the album. It's a piss poor effort from someone suffering from delusions of self-importance.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts