Kanye to The banner

What's the hardest sport to play?

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
43,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think the hardest sport to play is? Whether it's in high school, or the professional leagues. I'm not talking about most physically demanding, but what is difficult. Let's try and stick to the 4 or 5 mainsports in North America. i.e. Baseball, Basketball, Football, & Hockey.

I personally think baseball is the hardest sport to play. Next comes Hockey. Baseball doesn't have any real elements in the game which many people can do easily. Hitting 95mph fastballs, 75mph curveballs, and dozens of other pitches all make hitting so dynamic. It will be physically impossible (without absolute luck) for you to hit a 90mph fastball if your bat speed isn't up to par. Catching mile high popups are also a great challenge. Whereas ground balls and line drives are even more difficult. You don't have to be the greatest athlete, but the skill it takes to play the game is unbelievable. 1500 players get drafted every year, and something like 90-97% of all players will never make it to the MLB. It has a farm system, unlike the NBA which has a development league system. Everyone's also on a short leash. One bad game and you can be sent down to the minors and never see an MLB game again. I've played baseball, basketball, & football all in high school and this is what I have concluded. I've never played hockey, but it looks extremely difficult. You need incredible hand eye coordination, along with many other things.

Baseball>Hockey>Basketball>Football. Remember guys, this is all my opinion.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
I think baseball is by far the laziest, easiest, and most-boring sport of all time.

that said, i think that MMA is the hardest sport

·
Registered
24,872 Posts
I think for pure athleticism its hockey. But baseball takes alot more fine tuning and practice

·
Registered
43,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should've stated that I would've liked to have kept it within the boundaries of baseball, hockey, basketball, and football.

·
Registered
43,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BrickSquad said:
I think baseball is by far the laziest, easiest, and most-boring sport of all time.

that said, i think that MMA is the hardest sport
Are you serious? You think you could hit a 85mph curveball?

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Neil said:
Are you serious? You think you could hit a 85mph curveball?
just cause your white ass grew up in an all-american suburb with a strong push to play baseball, doesnt mean its not seen as the dumbest sport in the entire world. there is no athleticism involved. everybody just stands around..spitting, scratchin they nuts, waitin for a ball to come their way...and then they get paid 10mil a year...smh

dont talk to me about baseball dude. you're walking into a dead end.

·
Registered
43,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NCAAtlien said:
professionally?
Sure. But I'm trying to be general about it. Just post how hard you think it is professionally, non professionally, or both.

·
Registered
21,228 Posts
BrickSquad said:
just cause your white ass grew up in an all-american suburb with a strong push to play baseball, doesnt mean its not seen as the dumbest sport in the entire world. there is no athleticism involved. everybody just stands around..spitting, scratchin they nuts, waitin for a ball to come their way...and then they get paid 10mil a year...smh

dont talk to me about baseball dude. you're walking into a dead end.
just how I feel. People in my neighborhood emphasize baseball but it's so boring. Playing might be alright but I've only played a few times. It's boring af to watch and I agree that it really doesn't take that much to play compared to other sports.

Hardest sport in my opinion is any fighting sport like MMA or Boxing. Takes so much physical strength as well as mental toughness.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Neil said:
You're talking like you know me. You're one of those know-it-all, egotistical assholes aren't you? I'm not american, and I didn't grow up in a suburb. Can you even read what's under my picture? Or are you that ignorant? The only time I've played baseball was in high school. Did you even read my post? It's a blatant fact you don't have to be the most athletic, but hitting a baseball is damn sure harder than punching someone in their face. If anything MMA is the dumbest sport on earth. It's been proven it's not difficult if you're just fucking strong. There are extremely skillful fighters, but bitches like Brock Lesnar and Kimbo Slice have proven you just have to be strong and popular to get into the league. These guys were fake wrestlers/youtube sensations and they went into the UFC. If you're stronger than anyone else and can take a punch, you will have a chance at professional fighting. But not only did you say baseball is the dumbest, but you said it's the easiest. Seriously? Can you honestly hit a 95mph fastball straight as a string? And actually make contact hard enough to be considered a hit? Because if you can't do that, you can't play baseball. You will be cut from every team you try out for, no matter how good at fielding you are. Tell me how I'm walking into a dead end, please.

EDIT: Can you imagine if I called you a black-ass, or a yellow-ass, depending on whatever colour you were? And then making baseless assumptions on who you are off of stereotypes you get fed through by whoever's around you? You need to calm the fuck down. This was a harmless question. You don't need to go on rambling about things that in the end just make you look like the ass here. Get a grip.
lmao OP looking to get ethered. first of all, the fact that youre praising baseball like its some really difficult sport only goes to show that youre either A. fat B. athletically challenged and/or C. didnt make the team.

boo hoo kid.

Punching someone is a million times harder than hitting a baseball. not only do you have to worry about two legs and fists coming at you, but you also have to manuever your way around the deathtrap called the octagon. second...every single person that walks into a ring gets injured/bruised/bloody *except for the 1st round knockouts.

baseball is a pussy's sport. its all commercial. whoever buys the best alloy/metal/iron/wooden bat, whoever owns the newest pair of nike/adidas/reebok cleats, whoever has the best hat/lanyard necklace thing.

in baseball, the entire team on defense stands around and watches as the pitcher throws a ball really fast. in the time it takes for the batter to get ready, 2 rounds will have already passed by in MMA.

thinking that baseball is the world's most difficult sport is just....do you not see the idiocracy in that statement? like how dumb do you have to be to think that a tobacco-chewing, sluggish ass sport like baseball is the most difficult. who gives a shit that its 90miles an hour.

·
Premium Member
15,819 Posts
Within those sports? obviously baseball.
But overall its tennis. To be able to serve well, hit a good range of forehands and backhands with different spin, lobs, drop shots, and then place them well? plus returning them, and being quick enough to cover the whole court. It takes the most skill.
coming from a varsity player too, i know what im talking about.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
M ttaM said:
Within those sports? obviously baseball.
But overall its tennis. To be able to serve well, hit a good range of forehands and backhands with different spin, lobs, drop shots, and then place them well? plus returning them, and being quick enough to cover the whole court. It takes the most skill.
coming from a varsity player too, i know what im talking about.
i agree with this post except for the baseball part. tennis is fucking difficult. especially prof. tennis. 110mph serves smh

·
Premium Member
15,819 Posts
BrickSquad said:
lmao OP looking to get ethered. first of all, the fact that youre praising baseball like its some really difficult sport only goes to show that youre either A. fat B. athletically challenged and/or C. didnt make the team.

boo hoo kid.

Punching someone is a million times harder than hitting a baseball. not only do you have to worry about two legs and fists coming at you, but you also have to manuever your way around the deathtrap called the octagon. second...every single person that walks into a ring gets injured/bruised/bloody *except for the 1st round knockouts.

baseball is a pussy's sport. its all commercial. whoever buys the best alloy/metal/iron/wooden bat, whoever owns the newest pair of nike/adidas/reebok cleats, whoever has the best hat/lanyard necklace thing.

in baseball, the entire team on defense stands around and watches as the pitcher throws a ball really fast. in the time it takes for the batter to get ready, 2 rounds will have already passed by in MMA.

thinking that baseball is the world's most difficult sport is just....do you not see the idiocracy in that statement? like how dumb do you have to be to think that a tobacco-chewing, sluggish ass sport like baseball is the most difficult. who gives a shit that its 90miles an hour.
loob do you know anything about baseball

1 - 20 of 110 Posts