Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Prod. by Kiid Planet
www.kiidplanet.com

Okay so in a nutshell I made this beat in like 2013... It made it's way around a lot of the industry's emails and studios..

Got a random call from this guy who was shopping my beats around the time when NWTS was about to drop... He's like "Yo, Game is in Miami just dropped a verse on your track!" I'm like cool thanks."(Didn't really believe it) We hang up and he hits me back 30 minutes later like "Dude wtf, I just got word that  :meek: is on his way to the studio in Miami to drop a verse on it!"

:jordancry: At this point i'm extra emotional questioning the meaning of life..I get out of my feelings and start thinking about what needs to happen next..  :dash: The beat contains a sample (Toney Fountaine - I Found The Girl) that has to get cleared in order for the (or any) song to be able to sell.. So I took it upon myself to clear the sample.. And I am extremely proud of myself for that because not many producers can clear their own samples now days... :camvp:

I got in touch with the sister of the artist that I sampled because he passed in the 80's... I had to stalk and google last names and creep on people extra heavy :marty:, Just to get in contact with someone who knows someone, that knows someone and I finally get in touch with her.. :camvp: :camvp: :wilma:

Sweet older lady who knows nothing about rap music at all. So I finally translate all the details to her about what 's about to happen, we become friends and she agrees to let us use the sample...

9 months later I get a call from the "beat shopper" about the sample info so Wack100(guy who knocked out stitches) and those guys can clear it.. I tell him I got it cleared already and they don't have to worry about it. :jaylaff:..

This sparked a huge fire because the industry isn't used to young producers clearing their own samples. So I get a frantic 3-way call back by the "beat shopper's" manager who I had no idea about... :jayout: This guy starts talking to me like he knows me "Yo kiid :keefnah: don't do nothing else from here i got this ima make sure we all good! Just give me the lady's contact info and everything so I can talk to her. You don't have to talk to her anymore!" :denzel:

I already don't trust people but this is just one of those time I decided to take the condom off and chance it (the bitch was so bad feel me?) ... I send the nice lady's number to this dude.. And get another call from from Cool n(ot) Dre who i worshiped as a youngin.

I'm like :rejoice:.. Their like "Yo! wassup? we love your beats bro you got crazy talent.. We're interested in signing you, We can get you a pub deal bring you to miami it's nothin, We just wanna put our name on it as Co-Producers." all of this just to get the panties off me(the lady's phone number)

Once again I hand it over... At this point I don't know who to trust because everyone is acting crazy now trying to get their hand in the cookie jar.. and get the most.. I'm just hoping my skill and hard work will stand in the forefront of everyone's minds... :feedme:

Basically, they all went crazy and turned on each other over this track trying to fuck each other over i guess  :jordanlaff:. I got paid :camvp: and someone leaks the track. :maybe: :obama: (Not Me)

Seriously tho It was an interesting experience to watch the mentality of people when someone hits oil.

I'm not a big mouth who can't keep his business to himself (I left out a lot of details) but I think this would help another hungry producer out there not giving up! Tuff business..

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
str8dollaz said:
you work with any other big name artists?
These are the biggest names I've worked with so far but I've ran into a few other interesting names.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts