Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TRAP MUSIC
What is trap music?

Well, simply put, trap music is grimy heavy beats with catchy noncomplex lyrics.

What is happening with trap music today?

Trap music today can be roughly categorized into 4-5 main groups

A) the "weird trap" ex: nok from the future, night Lovell, sgp , Denzel curry , yung lean
B) drill or "trap house"  ex: chief keef, fredo, Gino Marley, lil flash Lud foe etc
C) the "fashion" new wave trap ex: cash carti, uno, uzi vert , thugger, famous dex rich the kid and Travis Scott
D) Atlanta trap ex: Gucci mane, ti, thugger , future,etc

Where is trap headed?

I believe that trap music will continue to evolve in many ways
Ex:
Vocally: young thug is clearly leading that
front in changing the way people say words

Style wise: look at a picture of soulja boy and Travis Scott and tell me the diff pls

Instrumental: from very gritty and grimy and raw (flockaveli, almighty so) to bouncier and "gothic" and "metal influences" (Travis Scott ., uzi vert , Lil yachty

I also believe more metal and guitar and rock components will integrate into trap music soon :khaled:
Imagine a trap rock band with guitar and drums with a rapper spitting trap bars with guitar riffs in the back
:hhh:
Thoughts ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,777 Posts
Garbage sub-genre that has been out-played for years.

Was cool when only a couple of people were doing it, but now since everyone hops on the bandwagon it's only a matter of time before it dies out
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,423 Posts
paranoidyoshi said:
Garbage sub-genre that has been out-played for years.

Was cool when only a couple of were people doing it, but now since everyone hops on the bandwagon it's only a matter of time before it dies out
People said the same about cars, "oh its such a wave, everyone will be riding horses again in no time :oblivious:".

People been saying this about Trap like it goes over their head that Trap is a way of life that will never die fyi it's more than a sub genre.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,777 Posts
Earth Angel said:
People said the same about cars, "oh its such a wave, everyone will be riding horses again in no time :oblivious:".

People been saying this about Trap like it goes over their head that Trap is a way of life that will never die fyi it's more than a sub genre.
That's the worst comparison I've ever heard. There's an obvious advantage someone has from driving opposed to riding a horse... But what the hell does that even have to do with trap music? It's not like Trap has anything to offer that traditional Hip Hop hasn't already covered. There's no Perks of listening to one or the other.

Music trends die out, once everything has been done and there's nothing more to offer on the table it dies out (or evolves).

For example; Grunge turned into Alternative Rock. Which is essentially a more mature version of it.

What I'm saying is the entire trap style has been completely overplayed, it won't last more than 3-5 years because A) everyone now wants to be a rapper and bites the style off of what's popular B) people get bored with hearing the same repetitive things over and over. I can't tell you how many times I've heard trap that uses the same formula as Future. (hell look at Desiigner who literally is a Future clone). Either way if you don't think the trend will die eventually you probably just have your head up your ass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170,877 Posts
paranoidyoshi said:
Garbage sub-genre that has been out-played for years.

Was cool when only a couple of people were doing it, but now since everyone hops on the bandwagon it's only a matter of time before it dies out
:jordanlaff:

:camby:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,777 Posts
Heebzus said:
yeah i have 108k posts hate some more :jordanlaff:
You are incoherent as fuck man.

READ the response I made dipshit. I'm not hating on trap music. I listen to a good amount of it, all I'm saying is that the trend is dying out because it's becoming over-played.

I swear the only reason you have this many posts is because you respond without even reading the topic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170,877 Posts
paranoidyoshi said:
You are incoherent as fuck man.

READ the response I made dipshit. I'm not hating on trap music. I listen to a good amount of it, all I'm saying is that the trend is dying out because it's becoming over-played.

I swear the only reason you have this many posts is because you respond without even reading the topic.
Trend has only just begun tbh.

Trap is it's on genre now tbh. I'm sure people said that about hip hop when it first came out too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,777 Posts
Heebzus said:
Trend has only just begun tbh.

Trap is it's on genre now tbh. I'm sure people said that about hip hop when it first came out too.
It's a sub-genre. No matter how many times you tell yourself it isn't, it will always be classified as rap. Also wtf are you talking about? Trap has been around in since 2003, it just recently went mainstream about 5 years ago. It will die soon because as I said, everything that could be done has happened.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top