Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/08/04/three-mass-shootings-this-year-began-with-hateful-screed-chan-its-founder-calls-it-terrorist-refuge-plain-sight/?utm_term=.d43f2009dbd1

The message board's ties to mass violence have fueled worries over how to combat a Web-fueled wave of racist bloodshed. The El Paso shooting also prompted the site's founder to urge its owners to "do the world a favor and shut it off."

"Once again, a terrorist used 8chan to spread his message as he knew people would save it and spread it," Fredrick Brennan, who founded 8chan in 2013 but stopped working with the site's owners in December, told The Washington Post. "The board is a receptive audience for domestic terrorists."

·
Registered
44,769 Posts
They’ll just go deeper underground. I say let them do their thing in an easily documentable forum. Feds just need to stop sitting on their hands when there are clear red flags.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
hes right, im actually surprised its not down alreayd or at least under heavy surveillance. on the board they're legit happy about this and celebrating it.

·
Banned
16,350 Posts
Buckleys Angel said:
They’ll just go deeper underground. I say let them do their thing in an easily documentable forum. Feds just need to stop sitting on their hands when there are clear red flags.

·
Registered
10,583 Posts
Buckleys Angel said:

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Buckleys Angel said:

·
Registered
44,769 Posts
8chan isn’t exactly the mainstream to begin with, it’s not like these guys are getting a major platform. They’re like minded people who are seeking that crazy shit out to begin with on a platform where pretty much anyone who isn’t already sympathetic to it knows it’s all garbage.

I imagine if they bust a few people it will probably scare them all off to a new place anyway.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Buckleys Angel said:
Feds just need to stop sitting on their hands when there are clear red flags.
If they stopped doing that, that would mean a "certain demographic" would be "targeted" my g.

that's why they rather do pussy shit like "shut down 8chan" instead of actually deal with the majority of people within that community.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Buckleys Angel said:
Exactly. It’s taken this long for most people to even hear about 8/4chan (idk the difference), why would they shut it down when it’s literally the one publicly accessible site where they fester. Document it, take tabs, take action, but don’t be stupid and push them somewhere else where it’s either private or going to take years to once again. Become a problem and on the radar.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts