Kanye to The banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
I saw this oerformance a few days ago when it aired on Comedy Central. 'Ye has come a long way since then. Cool to see him in his backpack in that College Dropout phase.

·
Registered
216 Posts
L-DuP said:
way better than the album version imo
umm this is the album version. kanye & common elected to put the Chappelle version on the album rather than the studio recorded version.

EDIT: but yeah dope throwback video and dope song

·
Registered
216 Posts
Touchmysky said:
Why is comedy central playing this?
I never saw any music (video) on comedy central....
it's a clip from Chappelle's Show, which was a VERY popular comedy sketch show in the US six or seven years ago. He often featured hip-hop musical guests as part of each episode. the musical segments are cut from the DVD sets, I'm assuming for licensing reasons, but apparently still air on Comedy Central as part of the re-runs.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Kanye Got Stacks said:
it's a clip from Chappelle's Show, which was a VERY popular comedy sketch show in the US six or seven years ago. He often featured hip-hop musical guests as part of each episode. the musical segments are cut from the DVD sets, I'm assuming for licensing reasons, but apparently still air on Comedy Central as part of the re-runs.
Tnx for the info!

·
Registered
11,733 Posts
Sorry for bump, but I'm currently watching this show and I thought it was funny how Kanye was busy cooking while Common was rapping, dope song though :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts