Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the moment kanye mentioned the EP back in november shit has not gone well for this project. First he says Watch The Throne in 2 months and releases HAM for a single gets people kinda hyped. Then every bit of talk dies there's no info nothing. They left us with nothing but HAM. Then, 5 months later rumors start coming up about tracks from bloggers/leakers. Then outta no where we get the album cover. Then we get WTT.com. we get to pre-order with NO set date. Then we get the tracklist and Otis (which will undoubtedly be one of the weakest efforts on the album judging by reviews). And of course these fuckin listening session that 2 members from ktt get to attend for preordering first (Props to them). And yet again the news stops for awhile. We get rumors of a "worldwide listening session" and tour dates. Then it turns out that the tour dates originally they put out weren't final! We have another listening session that once again no average person can go to. I don't blame ddot for trying to get us some music we have 2 songs off the album that we have no info on. I understand beating the leaks is important but for fucks sakes don't do all this shit just keep it quiet and drop it without notice. The albums hype has been killed for me the way this whole situation has been handled.

/rant

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
lol they made you stay on your toes...they did there job.....isnt that what you want to do as an artist? to promote your shit..i wont lie last two weeks i been coming on here..and just going crazy over trying to find any kinda leak...been going crazy trying to see if i can get the vip tickets for the show in atlanta...im amped!!! WATCH THE THRONE

·
Registered
11,549 Posts
xYeezyDaChefx said:
lol they made you stay on your toes...they did there job.....isnt that what you want to do as an artist? to promote your shit..i wont lie last two weeks i been coming on here..and just going crazy over trying to find any kinda leak...been going crazy trying to see if i can get the vip tickets for the show in atlanta...im amped!!! WATCH THE THRONE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
xYeezyDaChefx said:
No they didn't keep me on my toes they jerked us around with half assed promotion and unsure dates

·
Premium Member
11,020 Posts
I agree it's kinda gey about canceling some of the shows but with the album process I wouldn't complain because we are getting a full album of songs instead of just a 5 song ep.  They're allowed to change their minds.  And the music is gonna be amazin so of course it takes time to make that happen.  I don't need to see Ye and Jay on Ellen updating us on their personal lives and telling funny stories.  I'd rather them be in the studio doin what they do best - making god-like music for us to enjoy.  Some of ya'll take shit too personally.

·
Registered
931 Posts
you clearly dont remember what life was like before napster and filesharing, before things actually leaked and were so readily available to the masses.

To be fair, I dont either, but still, people got there music like this for a long long time, we have gotten spoiled by the accessibility the internet creates.  I for one am actually happy this has gone down the way it has, such a throwback and shows that they created something the value, not just another product for the mass consumers.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
LMAO your upset cause your a hardcore fan? The avg jay-z/kanye west fan could careless about all the bullshit fake twitter and all the fake info for the blogs. You have to realize jay-z/kanye west most likely had nothing to do with this. I actually enjoy that it hasn't leaked yet and haven't been stanning to hard so I didn't expect anything. Everything I got was a completely surprise. The only thing worth getting upset over is the tour dates, that shit is unacceptable.

·
Registered
43 Posts
RLKJets130 said:
you clearly dont remember what life was like before napster and filesharing, before things actually leaked and were so readily available to the masses.

To be fair, I dont either, but still, people got there music like this for a long long time, we have gotten spoiled by the accessibility the internet creates.  I for one am actually happy this has gone down the way it has, such a throwback and shows that they created something the value, not just another product for the mass consumers.
yes, we can wait we need to relax, a couple more days and half the worlds population will be dead

1 - 20 of 61 Posts