Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
26,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing prevalent throughout Ye's albums is that despite him clearly having a huge ego, he has a level of self awareness and heart that makes him more relatable to the average hip hop fans (most of which will never reach the level of wealth and stunt Ye and Jay flaunt so freely). Around Jay-Z it's like he feels as though he has to put that said awareness in a box and be as obnoxious as possible; It's almost as if around Jay he gets super drunk and then goes through his writing/recording process. Hova of course comes off well as an egomaniac because that's his lane; he has a certain calm to him that makes it come off as more respectable in a sense. Ye' sounds more pretentious (his strongest suit has always been when he is being introspective about his ego making him come off as more forgiving) thanks to the lack of "cool" per say; he is not the artist that needs to be talking shit so arrogantly and ignorantly right now. He honestly sounds kinda dumb at times.

COUNTERPOINT

Xavmatic said:
I think the media fiascos, and personal life has turned Yeezy to seem to value lifes material things over lifes values.
After all its pretty much all hes got as of this moment in time, if he dwelled on it too much we'd be getting 808s and Heartbreak vol 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 and beyond. His lifeline right now is pretty much attempting to put that shit behind him anyway possible, even if that means seemingly becoming some sort of shell of who he was.

I'm not blaming Jay either, hes a business man and not one of the most straight forward men in the world but i doubt it would be in his interests to corrupt someone who most people trust to be his friend.

Luckily Kanye still has that morality, self-awareness and willingness to change, otherwise we wouldnt havent had the themes of decadence and corruption on MBDTF. And tracks like New Day are there to prove that he does care.

Until his solo-albums degenerate into insecure ramblings of "imma fuck yo bitch niggaahhh imma fuck yo bitch ****** i dont really care niggahhhh" I'll always have hope for him.
This I agree with so you can negate my OP.

·
Banned
2,895 Posts
mrcornelius said:
One thing prevalent throughout Ye's albums is that despite him clearly having a huge ego, he has a level of self awareness and heart that makes him more relatable to the average hip hop fans (most of which will never reach the level of wealth and stunt Ye and Jay flaunt so freely). Around Jay-Z it's like he feels as though he has to put that said awareness in a box and be as obnoxious as possible; It's almost as if around Jay he gets super drunk and then goes through his writing/recording process. Hova of course comes off well as an egomaniac because that's his lane; he has a certain calm to him that makes it come off as more respectable in a sense. Ye' sounds more pretentious (his strongest suit has always been when he is being introspective about his ego making him come off as more forgiving) thanks to the lack of "cool" per say; he is not the artist that needs to be talking shit so arrogantly and ignorantly right now. He honestly sounds kinda dumb at times.
That Music Producing Kid said:
This isn't what I wanted you to post..
Jay-Z controls Kanye whenever they collaborate,it's fucking sad.
Both of you can fuck a duck. :work:

·
Registered
26,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That Music Producing Kid said:
This isn't what I wanted you to post..
Jay-Z controls Kanye whenever they collaborate,it's fucking sad.
Honestly, I don't think it's quite that. Maybe as far as Jay is superior sure, but I really don't think it's that simple.

·
Registered
26,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Star Man said:
Both of you can fuck a duck. :work:
Look I know you have their dicks in your mouth..

I like the album but this is something that came to mind as i listened... you can roll with it or dismiss it.

·
Banned
7,874 Posts
you don't understand that ye is the only ***** on the planet that wouldn't let anyone influence him. this dude doesn't give a fuck he does whatever he wants.

·
Registered
26,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
king. said:
so explain graduation was jay there there the whole time to?
That's kinda different... he was settling in to the realization that he's that big of a star... and even then he was still introspective... more than here anyway.

·
Registered
26,500 Posts
i agree to a small extend that kanye is easily influenced by people around him example

mos def and the power remix

but thats kanyes fault not the other people around him

·
Premium Member
79,646 Posts
You guys act like you know Jay was the biggest part of the album. For all we know, Kanye could have been behind it all...

·
Registered
26,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RepTDot said:
You guys act like you know Jay was the biggest part of the album. For all we know, Kanye could have been behind it all...
Nah.. this is Jay's album low key.... you can tell.

·
Registered
18,208 Posts
Oh come on, this was a collab album and an album entitled "Watch The Throne." What did you expect? This was all about them asserting themselves as kings - as the best in the game. Sure, they're going to be cocky. Wait for Ye's next solo album. He won't disappoint.

·
Banned
18,273 Posts
mrcornelius said:

I like the album but this is something that came to mind as i listened... you can roll with it or dismiss it.
I think Ye is still intimidated by Jay. It's like what we think of Kanye, he thinks about Hov. He doesn't want to look puny in comparison to this giant artist. I like Watch the Throne, but in My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Ye is himself and that's the artist I really love. I still love him here and you can see the genuine emotion on some of these songs.

·
Registered
26,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Vomitorium said:
I think Ye is still intimidated by Jay. It's like what we think of Kanye, he thinks about Hov. He doesn't want to look puny in comparison to this giant artist. I like Watch the Throne, but in My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Ye is himself and that's the artist I really love. I still love him here and you can see the genuine emotion on some of these songs.
That's basically what Im saying here... Ye' isn't himself on this album. Or at least not the Ye' we normally enjoy.

·
Banned
2,895 Posts
mrcornelius said:

Oh I guess I'm too much of a Kanye West fan on a Kanye West website.
I forgot we over that ***** right? :work:

·
Registered
26,500 Posts
mrcornelius said:
introspective... more than here anyway.
that album was just as swallow as this but since he isnt on it alone jay is catching the blame

there was nothing there deeper then Murder to Excellent and New Day listen to the message and for the two biggest rappers out right now with everyone watching for them to say things like that really? smh 

·
Registered
26,500 Posts
Dominicano, all the plugs that I know
Driving Benzes with no benefits
Not bad, huh, for some immigrants?
Build your fences, we digging tunnels
Can’t you see we gettin money up under you?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts