Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No hate zone here. You guys know the drill. I didn't start the Lupe and Kanye ones, but I got some stuff to say about Cudi.

First off, Cudi saved my life, so I love the man to death. No shit I was on the verge of suicide and MOTM: TEOD saved me.

But:
1. Soundtrack 2 My Life is a good song with great production. But the hook of "I've got some issues that nobody can see" is so classic high-school girly that I cringe almost every time now. It took me a while to realize this. I still bump the song but it's gotta be said. He can do better lyrically than that.

2. He thinks he is on Ye's level in terms of greatness, and quite honestly he needs to be taken down a notch. He is talking about how he and Ye are above everyone else in that infamous interview and I was just like: Cudi, you are NOT Ye. Ye MADE you and you are about to act like the hottest thing since Michael Jackson dropped Billie Jean. No, you are not that important yet. Your music is better than most but you have not got the greatness factor going for you yet.

3. Up Up And Away is good and all, but it has the same stench of high school girl that S2ML has. All the dumbass bimbos were bumping that song and tweeting the lyrics in my school around April. And just that line of "in the end they'll judge me anyway/so whatever" is not complex or intelligent. It is just boring.

4. He is becoming a sort of douche all around. He needs to lay off the coke, and stop saying he is so unique. He is unique, but he'll burn bridges that way. His collab options are getting thin as he starts going at people like Wale and B.o.B.

I love Cudi but that's what I gotta say. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
love cudi but he needs to get his head out his ass cuz  theres like 5 good songs on the new album  MOTM and AKNC were 2 of my favorite album/mixtape and MOTM2 isnt up to par

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maniac said:
Kid Cudi isnt allowed to make a song what teener girls like :huh:
By number2 you fail, sorry.
Okay you can disagree with me, but the point is to post your own unpopular opinions.

And my point about the teenage girls thing is that the lyrics are so superficial and seem like he is trying to hard to be deep but comes up short.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
louisvuittonsean said:
Okay you can disagree with me, but the point is to post your own unpopular opinions.

And my point about the teenage girls thing is that the lyrics are so superficial and seem like he is trying to hard to be deep but comes up short.
or they are deep and just a lot of people connect with them and teenage girls are annoying as fuck and talk way more than anyone else and so they made it their statuses and stuff when in reality a lot more people connect with it then them and the only reason you dont like the lyrics is because you dont like teenage girls (i agree) cause they are annoying and you want to be independent and different from them so since they like it you cant enjoy the same things

just dont worry about other people, if you and a teenage girl connect with the same thing its not making you less of a man

·
Registered
34,767 Posts
Sometimes when I'm watching his live performances I find it a little annoying when instead of singing a hook he'll just jump around shouting.

:kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
TheLonelyStoner said:
Sometimes when I'm watching his live performances I find it a little annoying when instead of singing a hook he'll just jump around shouting.

:kanyeshrug:
ill give you that, but most people aren't perfect live lol look at kanye

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mr.cudi said:
or they are deep and just a lot of people connect with them and teenage girls are annoying as fuck and talk way more than anyone else and so they made it their statuses and stuff when in reality a lot more people connect with it then them and the only reason you dont like the lyrics is because you dont like teenage girls ... just dont worry about other people, if you and a teenage girl connect with the same thing its not making you less of a man
But my point is that he raps this whole song about all the problems in his life, then sings a hook of "I've got some issues." I guess my point is he was not only redundant but a little dumb sounding. I do think it is a deep song and all but IDK it just sounded out of place.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
louisvuittonsean said:
But my point is that he raps this whole song about all the problems in his life, then sings a hook of "I've got some issues." I guess my point is he was not only redundant but a little dumb sounding. I do think it is a deep song and all but IDK it just sounded out of place.
ive got some issues that nobody can see. TRUTH

99% of the world relates to this, its very deep to me because i have a lot of shit going on inside my head that i dont really talk to people about and im sure most other people do too. Everyone hides things

all of these emotions are pouring out of me. TRUTH

he is steppin up and rapping/singing about his shit unlike everyone else who covers it up with drugs and money and women (tho i realize he does too) hes real as fuck and he isnt worried about what people think so he will talk about this depressing or "girly" shit

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mr.cudi said:
ive got some issues that nobody can see. TRUTH

99% of the world relates to this, its very deep to me because i have a lot of shit going on inside my head that i dont really talk to people about and im sure most other people do too. Everyone hides things

all of these emotions are pouring out of me. TRUTH

he is steppin up and rapping/singing about his shit unlike everyone else who covers it up with drugs and money and women (tho i realize he does too) hes real as fuck and he isnt worried about what people think so he will talk about this depressing or "girly" shit
I agree that YES he is doing the emotional thing in a game where nobody else has the balls to do it but he ALREADY SAID THAT and then goes on to essentially go, "If you didn't already get the picture, let me blatantly tell you what I am trying to say."

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Why doesn't he have longer live set they're usually an hour maybe longer maybe less. It's kinda douchey to me.

I miss the flows he had on songs like rollin' and she came along.

His "ohhh"'s on GHOST! are annoying, but still one of my fav songs

And where the fuck is the cudi zone of the new album?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
mr.cudi said:
or they are deep and just a lot of people connect with them and teenage girls are annoying as fuck and talk way more than anyone else and so they made it their statuses and stuff when in reality a lot more people connect with it then them and the only reason you dont like the lyrics is because you dont like teenage girls (i agree) cause they are annoying and you want to be independent and different from them so since they like it you cant enjoy the same things

just dont worry about other people, if you and a teenage girl connect with the same thing its not making you less of a man
Hell, I have the same problem. It disturbs me to have the same things in common with people I consider idiots or annoying.

·
Registered
22,866 Posts
Maniac said:
I dont like it, that cudi doesnt promotes his music.
& he have to drop Dose of Dopeness
agreed

the little clips on youtube about dose of dopeness are incredible
the beat is absolutely ill

1 - 20 of 48 Posts