Kanye to The banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
6,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
listening to the album and i feel like the skull and red represent blood & death.  am i crazy or is it just a bunch of insignificant shapes and lines that don't mean anything.

·
Registered
518 Posts
from my understanding he explained it on twitter. it's abstract so it's not something you're supposed to see in the direct sense.

·
Banned
6,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lawski said:
from my understanding he explained it on twitter. it's abstract so it's not something you're supposed to see in the direct sense.
yeah thats what im sayin...the red to me represents blood or death.  everything in it is in shapes and lines....nothing is ever what it really seems

·
Banned
6,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
********** said:
what a genius :oblivious:
if you have a better idea on the meaning then please share?

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
sustache said:
the painting is entitled "Uomo Mangiato Tigre". it's the abstract representation of a man being eaten by a tiger - you can see the tiger entering the scene at great speed and attacking (the orange-flecked stripe) and the viscera of the man being ravaged by the tiger (red shape featuring a skull).

however as Lupe has said, the title can be flipped - it could also mean a "Man Eating Tiger" without the hyphen and suggest the act of devouring one's predator in unexpected resistance.

Lu also said that if he could visualise his raps, this is what they'd look like - suggesting that he feels he's refined his craft to the point of deadly subversive resistance to the powers that be, whether that's his record company or people who take his stuff out of context and hate him for all the wrong reasons.

·
Premium Member
92,840 Posts
dylan said:
my interpretation on it is the painting symbolizes life, colors get darker as they mve 2 the foreground: Heaven->Earth->Hell. And it repeats. reincarnation, and also the duality of man. The thirst for knowledge/innovation but is also consumed by his primal nature.
Eebro hack ur accnt?

G

·
dylan said:
my interpretation on it is the painting symbolizes life, colors get darker as they mve 2 the foreground: Heaven->Earth->Hell. And it repeats. reincarnation, and also the duality of man. The thirst for knowledge/innovation but is also consumed by his primal nature.
wow check out the big brain on dy-lan

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
sustache said:
the painting has even deeper meanings that Lupe has yet to fully comment upon, however, he also mentioned that the tiny grey section on the bottom right corner represents technology.

I interpret that as the secret and subversive nature of technology when used to subliminally enforce power - Lupe is reacting to that through revealing these power relations that we succumb to by living in ignorance - he's declaring himself an illuminator of certain injustices - putting himself in front of the tiger as a challenger.

·
Premium Member
90,786 Posts
dylan said:
hajahahahahahahahaha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts