Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But, there are some restrictions.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6873163/terrelle-pryor-eligible-nfl-sit-first-five-games?ex_cid=Twitter_espn_6873163

... Pryor made decisions that undermine the integrity of the eligibility rules for the NFL Draft. Those actions included failing to cooperate with the NCAA and hiring an agent in violation of NCAA rules, which resulted in Ohio State declaring him ineligible to continue playing college football.
Pryor then applied to enter the NFL after the regular draft. Pryor had accepted at the end of the 2010 college football season a suspension for the first five games of the 2011 season for violating NCAA rules. Pryor will be ineligible to practice prior to or play in the first five games of the NFL regular season after he signs.
Is this a sign of things to come with suspensions in the NCAA? (i.e. University of Miami)

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tito. said:
:cmon: NFL being fake as hell right now lmao
lmao they're causing trouble for no reason. they're setting precedents for the whole Miami thing now

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it reminds me of the Vick situation

he can play for the rest of pre-season but then he has to go away until week 5

·
Premium Member
224,782 Posts
Jeremy Kerley said:
it reminds me of the Vick situation

he can play for the rest of pre-season but then he has to go away until week 5
Yeah, that was lame. He probably shouldn't have been suspended for those four games after being gone for two years, going bankrupt, ruining his image, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tito. said:
Well I understand what they're doing. They don't want the Draft to be a way out of NCAA punishments.

And what?
I feel like there's going to be repercussions now for players who went to Miami during that whole thing, that's what this feels like.. maybe i'm wrong.

Tito. said:
Yeah, that was lame. He probably shouldn't have been suspended for those four games after being gone for two years, going bankrupt, ruining his image, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
Agreed, it was a non-NFL thing and he had gone through enough at that point. I believe that all made him a better player though, so it worked out in the end.

·
Registered
54,358 Posts
hmmmm so if the NCAA was too prove cam took money this time next year..... NFL should be able to suspend him..... I kind of like the idea,but the NFL has been inconsistent with giving out suspensions ,so they would probably fail at this.... u know just suspend a high profile player for what he did in college, but do nothing to a new coach who violated NCAA rules.... if the nfl wants to suspend TP for this... they better start suspending players, coaches and agents for any NCAA  violations they caused

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LEO? said:
hmmmm so if the NCAA was too prove cam took money this time next year..... NFL should be able to suspend him..... I kind of like the idea,but the NFL has been inconsistent with giving out suspensions ,so they would probably fail at this.... u know just suspend a high profile player for what he did in college, but do nothing to a new coach who violated NCAA rules....
exactly correct. that's what they're doing.

they just jumped knee deep in quick sand

·
Banned
29,484 Posts
Tito. said:
So basically...

...he should've just stayed at Ohio State? :cmon:
Nah.  He would have been suspended for the whole season here.  They were further investigating him and that's why he left.

·
Banned
29,484 Posts
Also, that a guy like Donte Stallworth can kill a man and only be suspended a season while TP did what he did in the NCAA and get suspended 5 games is ludicrous.

·
Registered
54,358 Posts
BobbyJames said:
Also, that a guy like Donte Stallworth can kill a man and only be suspended a season while TP did what he did in the NCAA and get suspended 5 games is ludicrous.
lol what about Brandon Marshall and Tom Cable... two guys who had multiple accusations of beating thier wives come out last season... but nothing happen to them.... while ben got a 4 gm suspension for his rape accusations(not defending ben)..... just the inconsistencies.... I guess Tom and Brandon's issues did not get enough media attention for Roger.....   

1 - 20 of 22 Posts