Kanye to The banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Andriod now, and it sucks to text on. I need to go to Blackberry. I currently am on the family plan and I pay $15 a month for 250mb of data. I was going to buy a Blackberry from T-mobile but they said they wouldn't let me buy it unless I upgrade to the $30 a month data plan, which is unlimited data. They said the Blackberry wouldn't work otherwise. Does anybody know if there is any truth to this? I think they are just saying that get me to upgrade data plan. If I put my SIM card in it it should work if I have some data right? I don't REALLY need unlimited data do I?

Now my friend is offering me a used Blackberry Curve for T-mobile for $150? Is that a good price for a used one of those? I think he is asking a little much don't you think?

IF ANYBODY KNOWS ANYTHING PLEASE  HELP A BROTHER OUT!!!

·
Registered
25,744 Posts
lol what version of the curve is it

·
Registered
20,168 Posts
Did you talk to someone over the phone or in person? I recommend going to the t-mobile store and talking to someone about it. Anyways, my sister got the new bold on the $10 data plan/200mb, so I think they just want you to upgrade...

·
Banned
6,829 Posts
Don C. said:
I have an Andriod now, and it sucks to text on. I need to go to Blackberry. I currently am on the family plan and I pay $15 a month for 250mb of data. I was going to buy a Blackberry from T-mobile but they said they wouldn't let me buy it unless I upgrade to the $30 a month data plan, which is unlimited data. They said the Blackberry wouldn't work otherwise. Does anybody know if there is any truth to this? I think they are just saying that get me to upgrade data plan. If I put my SIM card in it it should work if I have some data right? I don't REALLY need unlimited data do I?

Now my friend is offering me a used Blackberry Curve for T-mobile for $150? Is that a good price for a used one of those? I think he is asking a little much don't you think?

IF ANYBODY KNOWS ANYTHING PLEASE  HELP A BROTHER OUT!!!
$15 for 250mb? fuhhh you have an old plan.
now its $10 for 200 mb or $20 for unlimited (capped at 2gb)

Im close to positive you guys have a super old fam plan so you wouldnt be able to get the $10 or $20 internet
You guys should def go into the store and change ur plan, im sure you will save sme money, then you can get ur BB internet for $20, and yea BB internet works a bit diff n wont work with 250mb will work with the new internet though

BTW ive sold some used 9780's and nowhere near $150, usually likwe 100 (friend discount though) i would say a fair price would be like 120 depending on condition

I work at TMO btw

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
40Yr.OldSweedishDude said:
$15 for 250mb? fuhhh you have an old plan.
now its $10 for 200 mb or $20 for unlimited (capped at 2gb)

Im close to positive you guys have a super old fam plan so you wouldnt be able to get the $10 or $20 internet
You guys should def go into the store and change ur plan, im sure you will save sme money, then you can get ur BB internet for $20, and yea BB internet works a bit diff n wont work with 250mb will work with the new internet though

BTW ive sold some used 9780's and nowhere near $150, usually likwe 100 (friend discount though) i would say a fair price would be like 120 depending on condition

I work at TMO btw
Thank you soooo much for the advice!! Seriously, nobody could give me a straight answer.

Yes, I do have a super old family plan, it's at least 5 years old. We were grandfathered in. And thanks for the advice, since you work at Tmobile and can you suggest a phone for me that is better for texting. Right now I have the LG Optimus T and I hate it. The andriod keyboard sucks, Swype is annoying because all those "Did You Know" messages keep popping up everytime I try to choose a different word. I'm not due for an upgrade, (I just did this Chrismas) so what do you think I should do? The LG Optimus T is the worst message phone of all time, and I can't stand it. What would you do if you were me.

btw, all I need the internet for is to check webpages and tweet. I don't play games on my phone or anything. But I do love my twitter. Hence why I want a Blackberry. Do you have any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bigdeely said:
Did you talk to someone over the phone or in person? I recommend going to the t-mobile store and talking to someone about it. Anyways, my sister got the new bold on the $10 data plan/200mb, so I think they just want you to upgrade...
really? hmmm...

·
Banned
6,829 Posts
Don C. said:
Thank you soooo much for the advice!! Seriously, nobody could give me a straight answer.

Yes, I do have a super old family plan, it's at least 5 years old. We were grandfathered in. And thanks for the advice, since you work at Tmobile and can you suggest a phone for me that is better for texting. Right now I have the LG Optimus T and I hate it. The andriod keyboard sucks, Swype is annoying because all those "Did You Know" messages keep popping up everytime I try to choose a different word. I'm not due for an upgrade, (I just did this Chrismas) so what do you think I should do? The LG Optimus T is the worst message phone of all time, and I can't stand it. What would you do if you were me.

btw, all I need the internet for is to check webpages and tweet. I don't play games on my phone or anything. But I do love my twitter. Hence why I want a Blackberry. Do you have any suggestions?
Christmas? Fuhhh, any phone is going to cost you retail price :/, you'll get a discount after 1 year, If you lived in Cali I couldve done a super early full upgrade :oblivious:

If your paying full price for a phone and dont have much to spend, i would tell your friend to do a "warranty exchange" and once he gets a new phone, offer him $120. A new bb or good phone with a keyboard its gonna cost u over 200 easily. You could also get a gravity 3, itll be fine for twitter and reg web browsing. YES it is a downgrade from your current phone, but all other keyboard phones  are pricey. Or, you could buy a nokia x2, we only sell this phone as a prepaid phone, but ignore the sim thats in that box and just pop yours in. That phone is $60 in the store. Only bad thing to this phone is that its EDGE only, so no 3g. I would first get the nokia x2, and if you dont like it, u have 14 days to return it. If you buy it in a tmobile store, there is a restocking fee of like $25, but if you buy it in walmart, there is no restocking fee.

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
40Yr.OldSweedishDude said:
Christmas? Fuhhh, any phone is going to cost you retail price :/, you'll get a discount after 1 year, If you lived in Cali I couldve done a super early full upgrade :oblivious:

If your paying full price for a phone and dont have much to spend, i would tell your friend to do a "warranty exchange" and once he gets a new phone, offer him $120. A new bb or good phone with a keyboard its gonna cost u over 200 easily. You could also get a gravity 3, itll be fine for twitter and reg web browsing. YES it is a downgrade from your current phone, but all other keyboard phones  are pricey. Or, you could buy a nokia x2, we only sell this phone as a prepaid phone, but ignore the sim thats in that box and just pop yours in. That phone is $60 in the store. Only bad thing to this phone is that its EDGE only, so no 3g. I would first get the nokia x2, and if you dont like it, u have 14 days to return it. If you buy it in a tmobile store, there is a restocking fee of like $25, but if you buy it in walmart, there is no restocking fee.
Thanks. So even if I do get a blackberry and put my SIM card in it, with my current plan, the Blackberry will not work right? I'll have to look into some of those phone and see what I can find. Thanks for being so helpful man you're the best!!

I wish I did live in Cali to get that super early full upgrade tho. :sadblu: 

·
Banned
23,309 Posts
There right you need the full unlimited BB user plan..
Cant use a 250mb  on a BB that has BBM and email and internet.
Tbh Android is good for texting. Maybe it the phone your using that making android sucks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts