Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any?, what are your theories behind the bear, and why do you think it is used on the majority of Kanye Wests's solo album covers?

I shall post my own views when I return.

*I think that he must have had bears when he was a child, it seems like he thought the school experience was scary/bewildering to him due to teddy bears being associated to do being too young for College. This could also be explained by the by the doors of the Late Registration being massive compared to the bear that resembles Kanye

Same kind of thing for the Graduation cover as once again he is catapulted into a scary completely new world hence the look in his eyes and the seemingly chaotic look of the cover

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
Well, you could look at it this way:

The bear has been there for three of his albums, College Dropout, Late Registration and Graduation. All three of them are college-themed albums.

Colleges usually have mascots.

The bear is a mascot

You're welcome

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ljhundred said:

The bear has been there for three of his albums, College Dropout, Late Registration and Graduation. All three of them are college-themed albums.

The bear is a mascot

You're welcome
Makes sense, I'd have thought there'd be a bit deeper meaning, meh, who knows.

boxman15 said:
He has an uncanny resemblance to a teddy bear. /thread
Really?! it can't be as simple as that.

·
Premium Member
56,604 Posts
ljhundred said:

The bear is a mascot

You're welcome

·
Registered
21,253 Posts
ljhundred said:

The bear is a mascot

You're welcome

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
The dropout bear symbolises the fall of the economy in the early years of the 21st century. It also represents the corruption of the US government.

·
Registered
15,159 Posts
ljhundred said:

The bear is a mascot

You're welcome
/thread :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Corry said:
The dropout bear symbolises the fall of the economy in the early years of the 21st century. It also represents the corruption of the US government.
GOAT Post

G

·
He's the mascot for everyone like kanye at the time. As you follow his story, he goes from nothing to something by essentially dropping out of college to graduating and, as you say, catapulting into something newer and bigger.

·
Banned
51,728 Posts
I don't think it ever stops being him. On CD he's wearing the costume, and the LR cover looks like a costume too.

Graduation is the same way, just that it's animated because the entire world depicted on the cover is animated.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
ljhundred said:

The bear is a mascot

You're welcome
this,
boxman15 said:
He has an uncanny resemblance to a teddy bear. /thread
or this lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts