Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm now going to.

I'll start with a line I'm sure many of you got, but it COMPLETELY went over my head.

"If you aint Million Dollar Dreamin', then we opposites/
In high school, I was voted the Most Ted DiBiase'st/
Also the most slept on, 'cuz my Ted DiBiaseness/"

Had no idea what was going on there at all!  Don't make fun of me if it was obvious to you,  but I did some research.....

1. Ted Dibiase was a professional wrestler and was known as "the million dollar man".  He was saying that in high school he was voted the person who had his mind on money/was most likely to be rich or something along the lines of that.

2. Ted Dibiase's finishing move was known as the Million Dollar Dream and it was a sleeper hold-like clutch that forced people to tap out/fall asleep and submit.

That line is toooooo sick.

Anyway, if there's lines you're not sure about, or if there's lines you think might have went over people's heads and you know the key to solving the puzzle, post it here!

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely, and I think what he does is great, but we should still have our own topic for discussing it.  Afterall, he's human and is going to miss stuff, too.  Plus, what if there's a song he doesn't go over? 

It'd be fun discussing this kind of thing IMO.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
Versa said:
So I'm now going to.

I'll start with a line I'm sure many of you got, but it COMPLETELY went over my head.

"If you aint Million Dollar Dreamin', then we opposites/
In high school, I was voted the Most Ted DiBiase'st/
Also the most slept on, 'cuz my Ted DiBiaseness/"

Had no idea what was going on there at all!  Don't make fun of me if it was obvious to you,  but I did some research.....

1. Ted Dibiase was a professional wrestler and was known as "the million dollar man".  He was saying that in high school he was voted the person who had his mind on money/was most likely to be rich or something along the lines of that.

2. Ted Dibiase's finishing move was known as the Million Dollar Dream and it was a sleeper hold-like clutch that forced people to tap out/fall asleep and submit.

That line is toooooo sick.

Anyway, if there's lines you're not sure about, or if there's lines you think might have went over people's heads and you know the key to solving the puzzle, post it here!
Nice thread.  This one didn't go over my head, only because I was a wrestling fan when I was young.  :)  That's one thing I love about Lupe though; I can listen to songs now from his mixtape days and say to myself, "goddamn, I just got that!" Sometimes things go over our head for the simple fact that we didn't have the general knowledge on the subject.  The Usual Suspects reference in "Failure" is an example.  I mean, I don't really expect anyone to get the quality of those bars if they haven't seen the movie.  Point I'm making is, sometimes even the smartest dude may find himself scratching his head over a Lupe track.

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
To be honest, Versa, dissecting Lupe Fiasco lyrics forces me to do research 75% of the time.  Dude is that insanely gifted at what he does... 

Good work on that couplet, though.

IMO, we need a thread like this, 'cause I'm NOT The One, I'm one of a whole lotta geniuses on this site with a lotta Lupe knowledge.

·
Registered
496 Posts
that is a sick line indeed
and I agree sometimes I'll be listening to old Lupe and get a line that went over my head the first 100 times. Ex: the Holyfield/Holy feeling line from Angels

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
welll i will cont. the disecting...i never really tried to, except correcting some rap geunis lines (hopefully not coldplays)
  :ohno:

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
CRSup said:
welll i will cont. the disecting...i never really tried to, except correcting some rap geunis lines (hopefully not coldplays)
  :ohno:
Wouldn't be surprised.  It happens more than you might think.... :iunno:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The game was looking weak, the whole scene starved

- The Current State of the "Rap Game" is weak in terms of real music with meaningful lyrics..

So I came through with some Muscle Milk and protein bars

-But Lupe has arrived! and he is here to replenish the game wit his Muscle Milk and his "Protein Bars" as in a line

Barbells and jump ropes, Bowflexes to body it
And a couple Billy Blanks Tae-Bo Karate kicks

- Basically Taking the Game to the Gym...

If you ain’t Million Dollar Dreaming then we opposites
In high school I was voted the most Ted DiBiase-est
Also the most slept on, cause my Ted DiBiase-ness

-Already Explained up there

An Inglorious Bastard and you looking like a Nazi bitch

- The movie Inglorious Bastards was about a secret group of people that went around Nazi-Germany Killing Nazis *Spoiler Alert* (They kill Hitler)

They say it's hard out here for old boy, then tell me where Taraji is

-Taraji P. Henson aka My wife  :allears: was in the movie Hustle and Flow and she sung a song called "Hard out here for a pimp"

I am going so raw watch me Soy Sauce,
Wasabi this Nobu/noble on them Pro-Tools, hot as H-E- double hockey sticks

Raw is talking about fish and Soy Sauce and Wasabi are commonly used to add flavor to it.... HE double Hockey sticks equals HELL

Make sure you give the chef your compliments
And thank him for his constantly great tasting accomplishments

-Make sure you thank the person cooking up these crazy raps ! or eles NO Lasers for you !  :tash:

A smiley face, emoticons if you want to remain anonymous

- If your shy then just send them one of these  :) to show your happy with their performance

My retirement's on hold, I got the whole world on conference

-MAYBE he isnt retiring after LUPend !!!  :banjo: ....he already has all of us listening (like on a conference call)

Matchstick Man, I really have the confidence

-Matchstick man is a movie about con artists and what not....

That I'm a give them G.O.O.D Music like Common Sense and Consequence

-You people on this site should be familiar with these names...if not go  :bye:

Content that's relative across the continent New York, Houston, Chi-Town, Los Angeles Enemy

-ERRRY BODY LOVE ME YOU ANIT MESSIN WIT MY DOUGIE !

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They say it's hard out here for old boy, then tell me where Taraji is

-Taraji P. Henson aka My wife  was in the movie Hustle and Flow and she sung a song called "Hard out here for a pimp"
Lupe took it even further with this line than you think he did.

Taraji P. Henson co-starred in the movie "Baby Boy", so he's also saying(along with all the stuff you mentioned), that if it's so hard out there for OLD boy, then go to Taraji since she was in BABY BOY.

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
Versa said:
Lupe took it even further with this line than you think he did.

Taraji P. Henson co-starred in the movie "Baby Boy", so he's also saying(along with all the stuff you mentioned), that if it's so hard out there for OLD boy, then go to Taraji since she was in BABY BOY.
Taraji was also in that movie with Brad Pitt, who starred in inglorious bastards (mentioned the line before). Where he was a boy/man who aged backwards. So in a sense he really was an OLD boy.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hachi said:
Taraji was also in that movie with Brad Pitt, who starred in inglorious bastards (mentioned the line before). Where he was a boy/man who aged backwards. So in a sense he really was an OLD boy.
So essentially it has 3 meanings in one. 

- hard out there for a pimp
- baby boy
- brad pitt movie

1 - 20 of 150 Posts