Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
27,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanna say, have ****** realized yet that just having good lyrics and punchlines doesnt cut it anymore? I know people who are good at rappin, but their music is annoying to listen to, an i realized its cause they arent unique. So many people trying to rap now that to be anyone important you not only have to have good lyrics, but you also have to have a unique and nice flow, good sense of musicality (for hooks and shit), and interestnig subject matter. Im tired of listening to good rappers, then when they ask me how good they are i say that their nice, then they take that and run with it actin like their the next hov. I hope every rapper aspiring to get big reads this, just bein good at rapping isnt gonna cut it no more, bring something new to the table, or at least be like really good not just average good.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
barrano247 said:
I just wanna say, have ****** realized yet that just having good lyrics and punchlines doesnt cut it anymore? I know people who are good at rappin, but their music is annoying to listen to, an i realized its cause they arent unique. So many people trying to rap now that to be anyone important you not only have to have good lyrics, but you also have to have a unique and nice flow, good sense of musicality (for hooks and shit), and interestnig subject matter. Im tired of listening to good rappers, then when they ask me how good they are i say that their nice, then they take that and run with it actin like their the next hov. I hope every rapper aspiring to get big reads this, just bein good at rapping isnt gonna cut it no more, bring something new to the table, or at least be like really good not just average good.
QFT

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
barrano247 said:
But then when rappers bring something new like Drake they get hated on. In my opinion Drake brings everything you mentioned to the table but then they search for more reasons to complain. Hip hop fans imo are hypocritical and spoiled.. and im a hip hop fan myself.

·
Banned
27,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shawn Corey said:
But then when rappers bring something new like Drake they get hated on. In my opinion Drake brings everything you mentioned to the table but then they search for more reasons to complain. Hip hop fans imo are hypocritical and spoiled.. and im a hip hop fan myself.
Yea, but i mean drake is arguably the most popular rapper in the world, so he might have his fair share of haters, but he has double that in fans, easy. Hip hop fans are gonna have people that bring someone new, yet they still dont like them. Thats a matter of preference, which is completely different.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Shawn Corey said:
waaahhaaha nobody likes drake they all hate on him, it's just not fair, everyone should love him

on the real drake's singing and uninspiring lyrics make me squeeze whatever happens to be near by, he doesn't sound original or creative he just does that "Fake thug, R & B and Rap scenario all day on the radio Same scenes in the video, monotonous material"

·
Registered
24,512 Posts
thislandisyourland said:
waaahhaaha nobody likes drake they all hate on him, it's just not fair, everyone should love him

on the real drake's singing and uninspiring lyrics make me squeeze whatever happens to be near by, he doesn't sound original or creative he just does that "Fake thug, R & B and Rap scenario all day on the radio Same scenes in the video, monotonous material"
Oh boy :work:

·
0 Posts
thislandisyourland said:
his beats are boring and always sound the same tho

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
thislandisyourland said:

Are we talking about the same guy?

·
Registered
73,243 Posts
barrano247 said:
I just wanna say, have ****** realized yet that just having good lyrics and punchlines doesnt cut it anymore? I know people who are good at rappin, but their music is annoying to listen to, an i realized its cause they arent unique.
exactly what i try to tell my peers.

·
Registered
439 Posts
barrano247 said:
You're right. This was some stupid shit.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
unique rappers >>>>>>>>>>>

same old flow and sound and shit is boring

earl is a better technical rapper than tyler but i'll listen to tyler over him any day.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts