Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bored, someone suggest me an album to listen to.......looking for something thats sorta like

bizzarre ride 2 the pharcyde
breaking atoms
a piece of strange

them 3 albums

·
Registered
183 Posts
Pyramid said:
Didn't mac miller sampled dedicated.
Shudder.

Actually, I don't hate Mac Miller like most do. I separate him from real hip hop and take him for what he is, fun pop-hop. But I'd rather he didn't sample bona-fide classics!

·
Registered
349 Posts
acsnaara said:
why wouldnt people on the blog of a hip hop artist have good taste in hip hop?
dumbest question ever.

just because this is a hiphop forum* (not blog), of a particular hiphop artist, doesn't mean everyone on here is going to have decent taste in hiphop.

also, there's plenty of really dope hip-hop artists I see rarely mentioned on here. particularly underground, but not necessarily.

I had an argument with some assclowns in the Jay-Z American Gangster thread who thought AG was one of the greatest hip-hop concept albums ever. yet, those fuckwads admitted they haven't heard plenty of classic hiphop concept albums which I mentioned. How can you call AG a classic hiphop concept album without even listening to the others?

That's what I mean when I say people have shitty taste on here. Taste IS subjective. You may love a song that I hate and vice versa. But, some people on here aren't even educated in terms of the history of hiphop. It's almost impossible to develop good taste without a decent understanding of hiphop's roots & history.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
crise said:
dumbest question ever.

just because this is a hiphop forum* (not blog), of a particular hiphop artist, doesn't mean everyone on here is going to have decent taste in hiphop.

also, there's plenty of really dope hip-hop artists I see rarely mentioned on here. particularly underground, but not necessarily.

I had an argument with some assclowns in the Jay-Z American Gangster thread who thought AG was one of the greatest hip-hop concept albums ever. yet, those fuckwads admitted they haven't heard plenty of classic hiphop concept albums which I mentioned. How can you call AG a classic hiphop concept album without even listening to the others?

That's what I mean when I say people have shitty taste on here. Taste IS subjective. You may love a song that I hate and vice versa. But, some people on here aren't even educated in terms of the history of hiphop. It's almost impossible to develop good taste without a decent understanding of hiphop's roots & history.
yea but to imply that everyone here is like that is a tad short sighted dont you think.......

·
Registered
349 Posts
acsnaara said:
yea but to imply that everyone here is like that is a tad short sighted dont you think.......
can't disagree with you there. and, I didn't mean to come off snobby or anything, but I was a bit surprised to see such dope suggestions in a thread on here

1 - 20 of 21 Posts