Kanye to The banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
U Trippy Mane said:
every rapper has made a hypocrite song
He's done two albums tho.. It's a shame really, lost talent. He had such a huge buzz when he first came out, doing all the production himself, playing instruments, rapping, singing - he has an incredible talent, a shame it's wasted. I'll Be In The Sky was such a good pop song, since T.I. picked him up, he has yet to make another good one, and I think it's because he ain't doing it himself any more.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Janko said:
He's done two albums tho.. It's a shame really, lost talent. He had such a huge buzz when he first came out, doing all the production himself, playing instruments, rapping, singing - he has an incredible talent, a shame it's wasted. I'll Be In The Sky was such a good pop song, since T.I. picked him up, he has yet to make another good one, and I think it's because he ain't doing it himself any more.
yeah i know what you mean... but every rapper just sells out.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
U Trippy Mane said:
yeah i know what you mean... but every rapper just sells out.
Kendrik is the only mainstream artist, that has made me stop and listen to what he had to say, lyric and music wise, over the past what.. 5 years? I ain't on that whole wagon tho, I still have my worries, he has to prove that he believes enough in himself not to do a Rihanna joint. He need to step his lyrical game up, need to improve alot on that, not that he ain't good, but he needs to keep improving.
I think that where most young rappers these days are failing, they are coming out all thinking the are the second coming and way too easy leans back and just let the hype and talent run away with them.

·
Premium Member
232,799 Posts
On the surface it sounds hypocritical and obviously generation lost is a much better song but tbh, I think he made generation lost to try to catch the ears of the underground/"non-mainstream" fans. I honestly don't think he believed what he was rapping in the entire song and I believe that making songs like so good, airplanes, both of us and nothin on you was his intention all along. I think he just realized that making songs like generation lost wasn't going to get him anywhere.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Man said:
On the surface it sounds hypocritical and obviously generation lost is a much better song but tbh, I think he made generation lost to try to catch the ears of the underground/"non-mainstream" fans. I honestly don't think he believed what he was rapping in the entire song and I believe that making songs like so good, airplanes, both of us and nothin on you was his intention all along. I think he just realized that making songs like generation lost wasn't going to get him anywhere.
Exactly, and that's sad.. But like I said, I'll Be In The Sky was such a breath of fresh air back then, I love that joint, innovative, original and showed his talent. I just think that talent is being heavily compromised at the moment.

·
Premium Member
232,799 Posts
Janko said:
Exactly, and that's sad.. But like I said, I'll Be In The Sky was such a breath of fresh air back then, I love that joint, innovative, original and showed his talent. I just think that talent is being heavily compromised at the moment.
Yeah, I'll be in the sky is dope as hell. He can make dope beats and sing great hooks himself but that won't get him top 10 hits, sadly. He's not relevant or different enough to really stand out without having a pop star on the hook of his song at this point.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
This shit is sad. He's more talented than a lot of these artists I see getting praise on this forum(Asap, Lil B, etc). What's really frustrating is that all of his mixtapes except for his last one are very solid and he'll throw you 2-3 tracks that let you know what he's actually capable of.

Then he'll turn around and have bullshit features on his albums and just a collection of songs that are tailored for the radio. Biggest waste of talent since Charles Hamilton.

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
He sold out with his first album tbh, took a lot of time for people to realise that he sold out. Happened as soon as that track with bruno mars came out. Pop rapper.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AX said:
He sold out with his first album tbh, took a lot of time for people to realise that he sold out. Happened as soon as that track with bruno mars came out. Pop rapper.
Being a pop rapper is fine, as long as you don't compromise your talent. He had one of the biggest talents out of Hip Hop to do pop music, and he blew it on that first album. Sure it sold well and it was popular, but the music was shit and had none of the talent that made me love him first.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts