Kanye to The banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering how much a student earns in the US if he does Summer work etc... Since I live in Europe I dont' know if it varies a lot. And when I say "how much", I know it depends on a lot of stuff, but I'm sure there's a "basic salary". I'm just very very curious !

·
Registered
678 Posts
You mean an internship?

Mine dont even pay but gives me school credits.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
yea you have to be a lot more specific than this it varies by region and field some fields such as arts is usually unpaid if were talking about internships and the maths can make like 15 an hour depending on a variety of factors thats wt the engineer majors i know make at least

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yerp said:
You mean an internship?

Mine dont even pay but gives me school credits.

Robespierre said:
yea you have to be a lot more specific than this it varies by region and field some fields such as arts is usually unpaid if were talking about internships and the maths can make like 15 an hour depending on a variety of factors thats wt the engineer majors i know make at least
yeah i don't really know if it's the same out there that's why I didn't really know how to ask this question... i'm not really talking about internships, but more about having a job during summer, but as a student you know: working at the mall, cleaning facilities etc...

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Nabil West said:
yeah i don't really know if it's the same out there that's why I didn't really know how to ask this question... i'm not really talking about internships, but more about having a job during summer, but as a student you know: working at the mall, cleaning facilities etc...
o minimum wage is 7.25 i think

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Nabil West said:
damn ! that's low
yea though u can get a pay raise pretty quick and depends on the company you start out at i started out at 8 at mcds when before minimum wage went up to 7.25 i cant remember what it was but it was a lot lower

J

·
0 Posts
Nabil West said:
really ? what does he do ?
Tbh it's a long story.

He's a good wrestler and the school wanted him so they got an alumni to give him some bull shit job where he makes so much money.

It's basically a scholarship

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Robespierre said:
yea though u can get a pay raise pretty quick and depends on the company you start out at i started out at 8 at mcds when before minimum wage went up to 7.25 i cant remember what it was but it was a lot lower
yeah I see. it's true that it's difficult to give a "universal answer". but 7,25 dollars is low, i personally make like 17 dollars an hour

LankySwag said:
Tbh it's a long story.

He's a good wrestler and the school wanted him so they got an alumni to give him some bull shit job where he makes so much money.

It's basically a scholarship
man that sounds dope, props to him

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
I was at a store in the mall for a minute but working three days in two weeks for minimum wage got old then I was tossing packages at UPS for a couple months but being an Under Paid Slave is not worth me tucking my whole summer in. I just started working the night shift at the front desk for this hotel down the street from my house about a month ago. I get paid $8 an hour for five nights a week & work 40 hours every work week is pretty legit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts