Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, hi everyone! I have to say this site is beautiful, and much better. No more ridiculous passwords, no more verifying I am over seven, hell, no more email confirmations. Just bam, you're in. It is sweet. I love how the smileys are displayed above my message so I don't have to get them from another window, I love the set up off the website. It is clean, quick, and just better for many, many reasons. So to everyone involved in the process of creating it; you have my applause and great appreciation I am glad to see some familiar faces - I saw Coldplay Expert, to name one. This is a great online community we have here.

Anyway...to make this relevant to Kanye...I went to the club tonight and it was all rave/techno/mainstream music. Fuckin "Tonights Gonna Be a Good Night". I said to my friend, why don't they play Stronger? And he was like maybe they will man. They played a remix of Yeah, Kenkraft, etc, all shit before 2007. No Stronger. Bull shit. And I know it is three years old now, but I think its funny how one of the few real club songs that Kanye makes (there are others but this was the true banger) tends out to be actually a good, hell, masterpiece of a song. "SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS--" yeah, sure bet those dudes spent six months working on that. I did manage to hear a techno remix of Paranoid, but it wasn't the same.

That's all I had to say. Honestly I just wanted to say hey to everyone but I wanted to just mention --- Kanye isn't even a club artist, and yet his club banger, better than anything else playing in the club. A master of all crafts.

Looking forward to being on here!

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
STATED said:
DAFT PUNK - HARDER BETTER FASTER STRONGER, IT WAS BEFORE...
Haha, I have heard people say they like the original better. Completely understandable.

But being the stan I am, I think Kanye did them a favor, made the song better, and subsequently made their song a lot more popular.

·
Banned
40,251 Posts
Hmmm.. I'd love it if someone made a decent dubstep remix of the song.

But yeah, it had awesome production.

G

·
Timesitheus said:
Haha, I have heard people say they like the original better. Completely understandable.

But being the stan I am, I think Kanye did them a favor, made the song better, and subsequently made their song a lot more popular.
Daft Punk sampled Edwin Birdsong and just looped it and added a few new things here and there.

Kanye sampled the vocals of Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger and placed it on a completly new beat made from scratch which happens to be one of his most complex productions to date....

Honestly Kanye is a better sampler than Daft Punk and he spends more time making Stronger than Daft Punk did with Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger...I'm a big fan of Daft Punk fan too but most American Daft Punk are sooo ignorant and they piss me off with the whole cocky Hipster attitude...it makes me ashamed to even like Daft Punk at times...

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
looob i heard stronger playing in the background  during the all star game pause like 2minute ago

·
Registered
26,181 Posts
Kanye has quite a few songs that I find dope in da club.
I was in the club once and they played Gold Digger, I was like awwwwwwshiiiiieeeeetttttttttttt. Gold Digger is dope in da club. Those kicks do you good. I can also imagine Stronger being dope, and of course Monster! Damn it they should play Monster. It is a tradition here in Sweden that every graduating class have their own party to celebrate graduation coming soon, and my friend invited me to his class party at a club next week, and I looked up their DJ on the internet, and that dude seems to love Kanye! If he plays ****** in Paris I swear I'm going to ball so harddddddddd! :slick:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts