Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

For those of you that don't know, Street Fighter Cross Tekken is an upcoming crossover fighting game being developed by Capcom.
The game was announced at the 2010 San Diego Comic-Con and received an amazing response from all fighting game fans.

Reveal at Comic-Con 2010 (the crowd goes nuts!)
The game is set to release on PS3, X360, PlayStation Vita, and Windows LIVE sometime in March of 2012.
The game will feature characters from both the Street Fighter and Tekken universes.
As the game is being made by Capcom, (Namco only being involved in the licensing of the Tekken cast) the gameplay will be based on the 2D mechanics of Street Fighter IV as opposed to the 3 dimension mechanics of the Tekken series.

Seth Killian talks about core mechanics +Gameplay/combo videos​

There's been tons of new info on SFxT revealed at Comic-Con this past week.

New confirmed character trailer and gameplay​

Hugo, Cody, Guy and Haggar were shown in this new cinematic trailer.
Although they are not officially confirmed to be on the playable roster.​

Seth Killian conducts Street Fighter X Tekken stage demo with Gamespot.
Covers characters, mechanics, new "cross assault" attacks, and answers fan questions.​

Seth Killian also covered some more in depth information about the Cross Assault feature on the CAPCOM-Unity stream yesterday. (7.22.11)

• Important Note: This system is still being tweaked, and may change. This is the 3/4 player attack option in Street Fighter X Tekken you've seen in a few videos. It's activated by doing a quarter-circle away and pressing both Medium Attack buttons. Once activated, your Super bar turns into a timer and your teammate runs out on screen to help you attack.

• While the timer is going, both of your teammates are now controlled by you, they're not computer controlled as some people have speculated.

• You have control over one character until you return the joystick to a neutral state, and then control will automatically return to your other player.

• You can do attacks that last a long time with one fighter, return the joystick to a neutral state while the initial character's attacks are still going, get control of your second fighter and setup some wicked damage and reset situations.

• Just like in the Vs. series, both characters can be hit when doing a Cross Assault.

• Meter is required to do some of the "really interesting stuff" in SFxT, from how to tag your character out, creating setups to do the most damage, etc.

• No tag team super combos in SFxT currently. They were in an early version of the game, but they're no longer in there, they could be coming back, though.

• Seth said it's a good idea to have some boundaries for crossover games. There's plenty of crossover games that are sitting in the graveyard that went too far, and some of the draw of these games is having some limits on the franchises involved.

• Poison's move set is based on her attacks from Final Fight, although there's new stuff because the enemies in that game didn't have a lot of attacks.

• Rolento doesn't fit UMvC3, but maybe SFxT. There's definitely some Rolento love, but maybe not Rolento character love, though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------​

For those of you wondering how big Street Fighter X Tekken's roster is going to get, Yoshinori Ono dropped a big hint today (7.23.11) during a live chat session, saying the game's roster is around the half-way point.
He continued to talk a lot about the game, offering up all sorts of interesting details, which have been transcribed below.

General details - SFxT
• We're some where around the half-way point for character announcements. Maybe a little ahead of the mid-point, maybe a bit behind it. Right now SFxT has 18 announced characters, 19 if you count the Sony exclusive character, Cole.

• SFxT's net code will not be SSF4 AE's net code, but you'll see improvements for sure. More will be announced on this in the future.

• Ono said that Haggar, Cody, Guy and Hugo being in the trailer didn't mean they'll be in the game, but where there's Poison there's usually Hugo. (Hugo confirmed?) :yay:

• There will be some element of character customization in SFxT in regards to their looks. This will be announced in the future.

• Mishima vs. Shadaloo is a big part of the story for the game. This is another non-canon story, i.e. a "what if" scenario, not part of the main SF story arc.

Gameplay information - SFxT
• Ono strongly hinted that a 2v2 online option would be in the game, but hasn't officially confirmed it yet. Seth hinted at the same thing previously too. (This would be mind blowing!! :fire:

• You might see the dual team attack system like in Street fighter Alpha in this game.

• Ono said charge characters aren't naturally at a disadvantage with the how the game works and the faster gameplay, he said there's even some situations where they have the advantage over motion characters.

• Combos off stages (walls) doesn't sound like it'd be in SFxT, but for Tekken X Street Fighter, it'd probably be in that one, as that's a big part of the Tekken games.

• As previously mentioned, Ono said Tekken fans should be pleased because a lot of the combos they're used and the 4-button scheme are in the game.

What the future holds - SFxT
• At NY Comic-Con there will be new SFxT info.
There will either be new gameplay information or characters there, maybe both.

• The PC release of SSF4 AE is in the top 10 of steam and Capcom is happy about that, so it's possible SFxT could see a PC release as well, but Ono asked fans please not to pirate it and to keep asking for it if they want it.

• SSF4 AE being a retail and DLC release worked out well for Capcom, so they'll look to do the same thing for SFxT in the future, if they go that route.
Balance patches are possible.
If there's a big content package with the balance stuff, they may or may not charge for it.

• DLC costumes are in the development stage and there will be lots and lots of colors.

• An announcement for the SFxT stick from Mad Catz should be coming soon.

• Capcom is working in that direction for a collector's edition for SFxT, but nothing is concrete yet.

• No Street Fighter EX characters from Arika in SFxT, but Ono said some of those people could show up in a future fighting game, as they have a good relationship still with Arika.

Other stuff - SFxT
• You'll see a lot of guest cameos in the stages, and the fighters back there won't just be doing the fist pumps you're used to, they might be re-enacting some scenes and other storylines you're familiar with.

• Fan feedback was factored in regards to how the Tekken characters look, as they change costumes a lot over the franchise history.
Also, where they thought the 'essence' of the character came from is how they picked the general look of the fighters.

• SFxT will have the same voice system as in SF4 where you can select the English or Japanese voice actors in the menu.

• Vita version will be linked with the PS3 release of SFxT in some way.

• No decisions have been made about 360 character exclusive characters.
Some of the main targets for the 360 have already been taken and put into other games.

• Ono only wants to do something with the Wii-U if they can take advantage of the unique stuff it offers, he doesn't want to do a straight port.

• SFxT backgrounds will have all sorts of nods to the community in them, including Ono's Blanka toy.
There's a lot of wackiness in this game, it doesn't take itself seriously.

• Oddly enough Harada is better than Ono at Street Fighter.
Ono said Harada is really lazy and spends all of his time playing, so that's why he's better, he also attributed his laziness as to why Tekken X Street Fighter hasn't started yet.

Here is a rather long video in which Ono explains some of the core mechanics of the game in detail.
- Details
- match combos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's some Comic-Con Live stream gameplay footage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HUGO, IBUKI, RAVEN, and KUMA confirmed! :fire:

Capcom released the new trailer for Street Fighter X Tekken, being shown at Germany's GamesCom.
The new team super mechanic was revealed, which costs 3 full stocks on your cross gauge.
Four new fighters join the battle as well.
Hugo looks exactly like you'd expect him to, while Ibuki looks like her SF4 self.
Raven seems to be moving all over the place, while Kuma looks a little less grizzly and a lot more like a teddy bear.

Capcom's Seth Killian talks character selection, Poison's sexual orientation, and more.

If you'd like to see more of the new Street Fighter X Tekken characters, Hugo, Kuma, Raven and Ibuki, OrkanONE and Larlusthx have some good footage to check out.
This isn't EVO championship level gameplay here, but it's players running the game through some basic paces.
The first video is particularly nice if you're interested in seeing some of the character's normals, specials and their supers, as the competitors don't focus on playing and are just running through the move sets to see what's available, for the most part.

Gamespot talks to Ono at Gamescom about Kuma, Hugo, Ibuki, and Raven. Ono feels that Kuma, in particular, shows how serious Capcom is about Tekken. He also explains how the gameplay systems bring the best of both games together. Most of this doesn't sound new, but it's worth a watch.

Box art revealed.

Also 2 new character trailers.

Capcom has updated all of the old Street Fighter X Tekken character art on the official website by adding evil versions of the characters behind each other.

The details of this new art have not yet been revealed, but Ono states that he will display what it's all about at his Tokyo Game Show presentation.
http://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/113631057177362432

Capcom put out a press release this afternoon detailing things like an online training mode and a 4-player online/offline mode as well.

GAMEPLAY OVERVIEW

The long awaited dream match-up between the two leaders in the fighting genre becomes a reality. Street Fighter X Tekken delivers the ultimate tag team match up featuring iconic characters from each franchise, and one of the most robust character line ups in fighting game history. With the addition of new gameplay mechanics, the acclaimed fighting engine from Street Fighter® IV has been refined to suit the needs of both Street Fighter® and Tekken® players alike.

FEATURES

• Dream Match Up - Dozens of playable characters including Rolento, Zangief, Cammy, Sagat, Hugo, Ibuki, Poison, Dhalsim, Ryu, Ken, Guile, Abel, and Chun-Li from Street Fighter as well as Heihachi, Lili, Julia, Hwoarang, Raven, Kuma, Yoshimitsu, Steve, Kazuya, Nina, King, Marduk, and Bob from Tekken.

• Real-time Tag Battle - Fight as a team of two and switch between characters strategically. **FUCKING EPIC!**

• Briefing Room - Get your combos and timing just right with help from your friends in this online training mode.

• Scramble Mode - Four separate players, online or offline, control each of the four characters on screen for the ultimate battle royale.

• Pandora Mode - Sacrifice your partner in battle for a short, but powerful, boost in strength.

• Familiar Controls - In Street Fighter X Tekken, controls will feel familiar for fans of both series.

• Juggle System - Toss your foes into Tekken -style juggles with Street Fighter X Tekken's.

• Cross Assault - By using the Cross Gauge, a player can activate Cross Assault and attack with both of their characters at the same time.

• Super Art - Using the Cross Gauge you can immediately unleash a Super Art. Ryu's famed Shinku Hadoken, Kazuya's Devil Beam as well as the Tekken characters all have original Super Art techniques. Overview

New modes trailer.

SFxT <3
This game keeps getting better and better. :allears:
This game is absolutely blowing my mind right now. :mindfk:

IGN released a slew of videos for Street Fighter X Tekken with Seth Killian covering the new Pandora mode along with Lili, Zangief, Heihachi and Rolento.
If you need to catch up with all of the latest information about Street Fighter X Tekken, this is the news you'll want to see.

Pandora mode fully explained.
http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/09/15/street-fighter-x-tekken-pandora-mode-explained

Heihachi
http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/09/15/street-fighter-x-tekken-heihachi-commentary?objectid=81897

Rolento
http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/09/15/street-fighter-x-tekken-rolento-commentary?objectid=81897

Lili

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/09/15/street-fighter-x-tekken-lili-commentary?objectid=81897

Zangief
http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/09/15/street-fighter-x-tekken-zangief-commentary?objectid=81897

------------------------------------------OP's will be updated as more info becomes available------------------------------------------

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Street Fighter X Tekken Roster
Full list of confirmed characters.​

Name: Lili Name: Heihachi
Affiliation: Namco Affiliation Namco
First Appearance: Tekken 5 First Appearance: Tekken

Name: Raven Name: Rolento Name: Zangief
Affiliation: Namco Affiliation Capcom Affiliation Capcom
First Appearance: Tekken 5 First Appearance: Street Fighter Alpha 2 First Appearance: Street Fighter 2

Name: Hugo Name: Ibuki Name: Kuma
Affiliation: Capcom Affiliation: Capcom Affiliation: Namco
First Appearance: Street Fighter III: First Appearance: Street Fighter III: First Appearance: Tekken
2nd Impact 3rd Strike
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Name: Dhalsim Name: Steve Fox Name: Yoshimitsu
Affiliation: Capcom Affiliation: Namco Affiliation: Namco
First Appearance: Street Fighter II First Appearance: Tekken 4 First Appearance: Tekken

Name: Poison Name: Ryu Name: Chun-Li
Affiliation: Capcom Affiliation: Capcom Affiliation: Capcom
First Appearance: Final Fight First Appearance: Street Fighter First Appearance: Street Fighter II

Name: Guile Name: Kazuya Mishima Name: Nina Williams
First Appearance: Street Fighter II First Appearance: Tekken First Appearance: Tekken

Name: Abel Name: Bob Name: King
First Appearance: Street Fighter IV First Appearance: Tekken 6 First Appearance: Tekken

Name: Marduk Name: Ken Masters Name: Sagat
Affiliation: Namco Affiliation: Capcom Affiliation: Capcom
First Appearance: Tekken 4 First Appearance: Street Fighter First Appearance: Street Fighter II

Name: Cammy Name: Julia Name: Hwoarang
First Appearance: Street Fighter II First Appearance: Tekken 3 First Appearance: Tekken 3

------------------------------------------OP's will be updated as more info becomes available------------------------------------------

So who's hype for this game? :fire:

·
Registered
23,388 Posts
man this game looks awesome. i've never been huge on either franchise but i usually enjoy the games. gonna have to cop this one i think.

theres also supposed to be a tekken x street fighter coming

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JCM said:
Yea dev'd by NAMCO.
Their version is going be a 3 dimensional Tekken syle game.
Not much is known about it though.
I want to see how they make SF characters fight on a 3D fight engine.
But the graphics are going to be Tekken caliber.

I've alway thought CAPCOM was lacking in the visuals department.
I mean CAPCOM makes great games, but I'd wish they'd take a more realistic approach with their graphics.
I mean those wacky faces and bulging eyes when characters get hit in SF4 is just so... childish looking.

·
Registered
Kanye West/MBDTF
75,270 Posts
JCM said:
man this game looks awesome. i've never been huge on either franchise but i usually enjoy the games. gonna have to cop this one i think.

Yes in 2012.

Damn I can't wait for this.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bcfcben said:
Yh im the same, ive never really been a fan of the cartoon graphics of SF
Me neither.
They're so goofy and childish.
I'd even say that I hate SSF4's graphics.
But that fact doesn't break the game for me.
SSF4 is one of the top fighters out there and one of my favorite fighting games.
I love it's fight engine, character balance, and core features.

Graphics don't make a top tier fighting game.

*edit*
I'm not saying Tekken isn't top tier.
Flame war averted... hopefully.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
WESTNINE9 said:
Me neither.
They're so goofy and childish.
I'd even say that I hate SSF4's graphics.
But that fact doesn't break the game for me.
SSF4 is one of the top fighters out there and one of my favorite fighting games.
I love it's fight engine, character balance, and core features.

Graphics don't make a top tier fighting game.

*edit*
I'm not saying Tekken isn't top tier.
Flame war averted... hopefully.
Nah im not one of those members that gets all uptight about opinions.
I think the main reason why i prefer Tekken is because of the character movement, it's more natural and the combos flow better. I will play this at my mates but wont buy it, whereas Tekken x SF is a must have for me.

·
Premium Member
53,595 Posts
In Street Fighter, all you have to do is trigger the cutscene to look sweet. In Tekken vs you'll have to press a combination of buttons to look awesome. I'm not really a fighter fan but it seems like Tekken vs would make the better game.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shy said:
In Street Fighter, all you have to do is trigger the cutscene to look sweet.
You're referring to Super and Ultra combos?
Those combo animations are scripted but to use them effectively you usually have to combo into them.
Although I think the damage dealt from these combos is way too high, just using an Ultra or Super won't win you the match.
Actually "looking sweet" and flashy in SF isn't the best way to deal crucial damage.
Long flashy combos are really only good if you're looking stun or style on your opponent.
Shy said:
In Tekken vs you'll have to press a combination of buttons to look awesome. I'm not really a fighter fan but it seems like Tekken vs would make the better game.
Street Fighter combos require extensive button combinations too.
Tekken actually requires less button and directional inputs than Street Fighter.

Tekken is a solid engine, but the only thing that I really hate about the game is the fact you can deal 60% - 80% damage to your opponent in one combo after you've already knocked them down!?
You can just juggle them to death.

Also the stages in those games really bug me.
Wall bounces and floor crashes not only add more damage but enable you to continue a juggle combo even further!
Some stages don't even have walls or crashable floors.
Some are big and your distance from walls is vast, then some are small where one combo can push your opponent into the wall.
On top of that some characters have move sets that can take huge advantage of wall bounces and/or floor crashes.
That means that some characters have advantages on certain stages. What!?
There are just so many uncontrollable variables with the stages in those games.
It just doesn't seem fair, especially in a tournament scenario.
I think all the environments should be more controlled.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BobSmith said:
Tekken x Street Figher is going to take ages.
It really is.
Too far off to get worked up about imo.
Nothing is even known about the game.

Tekken x Street Figher is more than a few years off.
They haven't even started development yet.
Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada said:
"Currently, the development of Tekken x Street Fighter is at zero percent. It's developing about five percent in my head,"

"I was really busy and also SF x Tekken and the Tekken x SF were not originally in the line-up. We were also working on Tekken Tag Tournament 2 at that time, so we haven't got on the development of Tekken x Street Fighter. But Tag 2 is nearly finished, so when I get back from Paris, I plan to start working on that game."
Source

·
Premium Member
133,380 Posts
i like the graphics capcom uses. specially the MVC3 graphics

i prefer tekken to street fighter though

·
Registered
25,751 Posts
Xavmatic said:
<3 Yoshimitus T3 outfit, but i think he looked cooler in T4, everyone looked cooler in T4  (except heihachi :vom:)
I prefer his Tekken 3 costume! Heihachi had the ugliest costume especially that diaper he was wearing lol

1 - 20 of 363 Posts