Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the Black, White, Latino, Asian and otherwise that are grieving right now and understand what's going on, let's focus on healing with one another and building community. Let's ally and enjoy the commonalities we have. Let's argue about music and shit. Put all of the trolls on ignore and report them.

Do not waste your energy or your time on them, there is no amount of words in any order you can say that won't end in a justification.

Let's move forward in love.

·
Registered
47,553 Posts
great post.  at this point in time i'm in agreement that some people will just stay ignorant to the realities of america forever no matter how much it's shoved in their face.  saw an article with sara palin tweeting today saying that she stands with the cops in both cases, and that minorities should drop the - in their identity (african-american, asian-american etc.) because THAT is what's dividing us, lol. 

·
Registered
21,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
p y t said:
great post.  at this point in time i'm in agreement that some people will just stay ignorant to the realities of america forever no matter how much it's shoved in their face.  saw an article with sara palin tweeting today saying that she stands with the cops in both cases, and that minorities should drop the - in their identity (african-american, asian-american etc.) because THAT is what's dividing us, lol. 
That's not surprising, reminds me of the Native boarding schools. The state has always seen cultural identity as divisive and feels it could solve the 'problem' with homogeneity, which is impossible, over acceptance. 

·
Registered
47,553 Posts
Pathetic Pixels said:
That's not surprising, reminds me of the Native boarding schools. The state has always seen cultural identity as divisive and feels it could solve the 'problem' with homogeneity, which is impossible, over acceptance. 
didn't surprise me that dumb shit was coming out of her mouth but it still makes me mad because of how big her platform is.  and exactly, having an identity other than patriotic flag toting maniac is seen as divisive

·
Registered
47,553 Posts
but yeah i think at this point those who are going to acknowledge america's problems (police brutality foremost atm) have already acknowledged it, so giving those who continue to deny the disparities the time of day is a waste.  stand together and make change and uplift

·
Banned
9,852 Posts
This Foreel...

I'm just gonna vibe out to this Q..

Focus on my music...

Cuz the reality of the situation is..

People scared of a race war...

But ever since slavery we been in one..

And it's never ending

G

·
p y t said:

Yoooooooo i was about to make a thread about hyphenatimg your nationality yesterday after seeing this video, but changed my mind. Shit pissed me off so much because he talks about being "Americans", ignoring the hundreds of years where minorities were NOT treated like Americans...and ****** in the comments acting like he has a point.

·
Registered
47,553 Posts
Desiigner said:
Yoooooooo i was about to make a thread about hyphenatimg your nationality yesterday after seeing this video, but changed my mind. Shit pissed me off so much because he talks about being "Americans", ignoring the hundreds of years where minorities were NOT treated like Americans...and ****** in the comments acting like he has a point.

right
dropping the hyphen even in a perfect world where there aren't disparities between how races are treated or had a storied history of oppression would be fucking stupid imo
acknowledging that we are all different people living different lives under different circumstances, but still being able to accept and love one another despite those differences is the correct path imo, not assimilation into what the majority is comfortable with

·
Registered
21,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Desiigner said:

Don't even bother.

·
Registered
61,573 Posts
You thought arguing with trolls who celebrate black deaths was bad

Now imagine arguing with real people who celebrate the death of cops

·
Registered
26,385 Posts
Desiigner said:

:snoopsmh:

i tried to stay away from the news and then the few months I get back into it the world goes to shit.... then you have this guy :snoopsmh:

·
Registered
21,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Spaceships said:
You thought arguing with trolls who celebrate black deaths was bad

Now imagine arguing with real people who celebrate the death of cops
The effect is the same but cops are not being mourned as people, they are being mourned as police and what police represent. When they murder us, funds are raised on their behalf. #BlueLivesMatter was created in opposition to BLM, it's not people pleading with communities of colour to stop killing police everyday, it's to snuff out the idea that Black people are worth protecting. Police are still human beings, Black, White Asian, Latino but they stop operating like that, when a police officer like that Black woman this week speaks out and defends what is outwardly said as their creed, they suspend or fire them.

So it becomes difficult to mourn your overseer.

·
Banned
82,145 Posts
Arguing about music? Well then go to the music section. No one celebrates death, they justify which party is right. If you cant do that much than this section is too much for you.

·
Registered
101,629 Posts
moodie said:
Arguing about music? Well then go to the music section. No one celebrates death, they justify which party is right. If you cant do that much than this section is too much for you.
i know you not talking :dead:

·
Banned
82,145 Posts
kidvicous said:
i know you not talking :dead:
What do you mean by this? I will never in my life celebrate any mans death. I just require information before making judgement and when I have the information needed I take a position.

Again why is it only black in OP what about all the white people dying. I hate how ppl think the world is only 2 races.

·
Registered
101,629 Posts
moodie said:
What do you mean by this? I will never in my life celebrate any mans death. I just require information before making judgement and when I have the information needed I take a position.

Again why is it only black in OP what about all the white people dying. I hate how ppl think the world is only 2 races.
:hah:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts