Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does this happen? 
I can sleep good, sleep my hours and still wake up exhausted like I need ten more hours of sleep.

This is getting a little concerning tbh.

·
Premium Member
22,965 Posts
AndrewInTheCut_ said:
Why does this happen? 
I can sleep good, sleep my hours and still wake up exhausted like I need ten more hours of sleep.

sleep cycles all fucked up. same thing happens with me. there's an alarm clock app that wakes u up at the right time for ur body on the apple app store but idk anything about how sleep cycles work.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wuzzy said:
sleep cycles all fucked up. same thing happens with me. there's an alarm clock app that wakes u up at the right time for ur body on the apple app store but idk anything about how sleep cycles work.
I don't think that's what's wrong man.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Morganomics said:
Try going to bed earlier.
Well even then fam.. Like I said, I get my full hours of sleep and wake up still exhausted

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Is your mattress old? Are you getting enough vitamins in your diet? Do you exercise?

I'm not a real doctor, but I think one of these might be affecting your sleep habits. 

Still, I would recommend that you consult someone with an actual MD. Get a check up, fam.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dr. Atom Magnum said:
Is your mattress old? Are you getting enough vitamins in your diet? Do you exercise?

I'm not a real doctor, but I think one of these might be affecting your sleep habits. 

Still, I would recommend that you consult someone with an actual MD. Get a check up, fam.
Yeah my bed is older than me lmao
I'm eating good, I mean I eat a lot of protein and fruits. I play basketball almost everyday too. I heard it's dehydration when you wake up.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It depends on a few things:
- How you are eating, and if you eat before bed
- Water Intake
- What stage of the sleep cycle you wake up in
- Do you smoke weed before bed? (I do this most times and always wake up with a stoneover)

If you can confirm that it's none of these things then maybe look into http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_apnea

I don't mean to diagnose, but if all things are accounted for, and you get a full 8 hours yet still feel tired, this might be something worth looking into IF the exhaustion after waking up is detrimental to your full day.

But check into your sleep cycle (sleepyti.me is great for that), in most cases you feel tired after a full nights sleep because you are forcefully waking up during deep sleep.

·
Registered
46,317 Posts
Oversleeping. I did the same today. The optimal sleep for me is 7 hours and then a 20 minute nap around 4.

·
Registered
63,581 Posts
AndrewInTheCut_ said:
Why does this happen? 

The following is based on the assumption that you're not up to date on the latest scientific research on sleep cycles. If you are then feel free to ignore this. :D

Forget the classic "you need at least 8 hours of sleep every night" line you've been fed by nearly every person since you were born.

Fact of the matter is, our minds and bodies don't sleep in cycles of 2s or 4s (hours), so 8 hours is not ideal at all. In fact, we sleep in cycles of 3 hours. You can go to sleep at 12am and wake up at 3am and feel completely refreshed and not be in any danger of sleep deprivation. I usually sleep or 6 hours each night, sometimes 9 on the weekends.

So I suggest setting an alarm and/or trying to get into the habit of sleeping in 3-6-9 hours every night/day. I promise you that you'll feel a thousand times better. The reason you feel exhausted is because when sleeping, your body/mind is concentrated on resting until it hits a 3 hour interval, at which point it can be pleasantly waked. However, if you wake in the middle of one of these intervals, such as 8 hours or 10 hours, your body/mind rejects to waking up violently and you feel exhausted, unfocused, etc throughout the day.

Also, should go without saying that the intervals don't need to be at exactly 3 hours before waking. I believe there's about a 20 min safety window more or less where you can still wake up feeling refreshed. For example, falling asleep at 12am and waking at 5:45am or 6:15am will still be refreshing sleep (possibly even 30 mins allowed).

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Bob said:
The following is based on the assumption that you're not up to date on the latest scientific research on sleep cycles. If you are then feel free to ignore this. :D

Forget the classic "you need at least 8 hours of sleep every night" line you've been fed by nearly every person since you were born.

Fact of the matter is, we out minds and bodies don't sleep in cycles of 2s or 4s (hours), so 8 hours is not ideal at all. In fact, we sleep in cycles of 3 hours. You can go to sleep at 12am and wake up at 3am and feel completely refreshed and not be in any danger of sleep deprivation. I usually sleep or 6 hours each night, sometimes 9 on the weekends.

So I suggest setting an alarm and/or trying to get into the habit of sleeping in 3-6-9 hours every night/day. I promise you that you'll feel a thousand times better. The reason you feel exhausted is because when sleeping, your body/mind is concentrated on resting until it hits a 3 hour interval, at which point it can be pleasantly waked. However, if you wake in the middle of one of these intervals, such as 8 hours or 10 hours, your body/mind rejects to waking up violently and you feel exhausted, unfocused, etc throughout the day.

Also, should go without saying that the intervals don't need to be at exactly 3 hours before waking. I believe there's about a 20 min safety window more or less where you can still wake up feeling refreshed. For example, falling asleep at 12am and waking at 5:45am or 6:15am will still be refreshing sleep (possibly even 30 mins allowed).
Good read. Going to look into this

·
Registered
63,581 Posts
AndrewInTheCut_ said:
Good read. Going to look into this
Go ahead fam. And believe it or not, whenever I have lots of work to do on projects or am trying to meet a deadline, I'll sleep for 3 hours at night and wake up in the early morning then get another 3 hour nap in sometime in the afternoon. But regardless if I take that later 3 hour afternoon nap (sometimes I skip it) I still feel refreshed and active all day from the initial 3 hours. So you can go all day and feel fine on 3 hours of sleep. It's been proven.

Sidenote: I believe this new research was published a couple years ago or so, and since then it has be heavily peer reviewed and reiterated.

Hope it helps! :D

·
Banned
34,270 Posts
AndrewInTheCut_ said:
Why does this happen? 

You might be depressed

·
Registered
17,585 Posts
The Bob said:

Fact of the matter is, our minds and bodies don't sleep in cycles of 2s or 4s (hours), so 8 hours is not ideal at all. In fact, we sleep in cycles of 3 hours. You can go to sleep at 12am and wake up at 3am and feel completely refreshed and not be in any danger of sleep deprivation. I usually sleep or 6 hours each night, sometimes 9 on the weekends.

this guy right here...this guy knows what he's talking about.

·
Registered
19,849 Posts
Do u not get much sleep other nights? Because u can't get 3 hours of sleep 1 night and then get 12 the next day and say it balances out.

Or maybe ur waking up in the night and not knowing

1 - 20 of 30 Posts