Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 512 Posts

·
Registered
11,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This movie blows me away every time, it's easily the most complex movie I've probably ever seen. I love it but at the same time, I'm missing out on what most of it means and how it relates. What do you think of it and ask any questions you've ever had about the movie.

And this is gonna have spoilers like a mutha so.

How did the girl from the orgy know that Cruise didn't belong there, almost instantly?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well, if Ziegler is really telling the truth, the girl really is Mandy, who would have recognized Bill from Ziegler's party at the beginning of the film. But, really, it's all up to speculation. Maybe Ziegler was telling the truth about everything. Or, maybe it was all just some Illuminati shit with sacrifices and ritual orgies.

That's the mastery of Stanley Kubrick. Twelve years after the film's released and we're still guessing what it was all really about.

·
Registered
11,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SoylentGreenWasHere said:
Well, if Ziegler is really telling the truth, the girl really is Mandy, who would have recognized Bill from Ziegler's party at the beginning of the film. But, really, it's all up to speculation. Maybe Ziegler was telling the truth about everything. Or, maybe it was all just some Illuminati shit with sacrifices and ritual orgies.

That's the mastery of Stanley Kubrick. Twelve years after the film's released and we're still guessing what it was all really about.
And only one reply to this thread :cryfam: my favorite kubrick film.

But how could have Mandy recognized Bill? He put his mask on before he saw anyone except the two guys outside and the doorman with the gold mask inside. I dunno.

And man, when the doorman leads Bill back into the room and everyone is just looking at him, fuckin' chills.

G

·
I've had the book for awhile but I've not got around to reading it yet. It's called Traumnovelle and it's by Arthur Schnitzler.

The movie is dope though.

·
Registered
11,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ste_simpson said:
I've had the book for awhile but I've not got around to reading it yet. It's called Traumnovelle and it's by Arthur Schnitzler.

The movie is dope though.
nice status, sir. used to be obsessed with NIN.

·
Registered
217 Posts
shadynarkoticz said:
And only one reply to this thread :cryfam: my favorite kubrick film.

But how could have Mandy recognized Bill? He put his mask on before he saw anyone except the two guys outside and the doorman with the gold mask inside. I dunno.

And man, when the doorman leads Bill back into the room and everyone is just looking at him, fuckin' chills.
No one really knows for sure, it probably lends credibility to Ziegler's claims, but, again, who knows? :shrug:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Either way, amazing, underrated movie.  But, like most other Kubrick films, it'll get it's due one day.

Kubrick is, in my opinion, the greatest filmmaker.

·
Registered
11,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SoylentGreenWasHere said:
No one really knows for sure, it probably lends credibility to Ziegler's claims, but, again, who knows? :shrug:
I wanna think that the whole group there killed Mandy, and made it look like a drug overdose. Would go along with the Illuminati comparisons. I assume that they are some of the most powerful people in the city and don't want anything from that house to leak out to ruin their rep so they do anything to keep it under wraps. But Ziegler seems so sure that nothing happened to Mandy. :dno:

The soundtrack to this movie >>>

·
Premium Member
116,472 Posts
probably the only movie that makes me uncomfortable watching a bunch of dudes nailing a bunch of women. his shots >>>>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
GREAT movie.... Don't understand why it gets slept on... One of my favorite Kubrick films...

Kubrick>>>>>>

1 - 20 of 512 Posts