Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
68,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a stage name I’m tryna run with but a dj who does Edm/Country has the same name

He not really popping in my lane or at all really just a tour dj for a white comedian

He don’t have it trademarked from what I’ve searched on uspto

I like the name but it’s in the back of my head that I’m already fighting against someone else to gain notoriety with it

I think he peeped bc it used to be the exact same but I followed him and he put DJ in front of it lol but I still don’t like that shit but don’t wanna undo all the branding and shit I’ve done with it

When I started doing my shit publicly (2017) he didn’t exist

Would u change it or naw? I produce and tryna put out my own vocal songs/videos by end of the year

Anyone else been thru sum similar?

·
Premium Member
68,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
D V R K W A V E S said:
Honestly it depends on how unique of a name it is, care to post it.
I’ve Wilded out here uncensored and non PC since 2010 so idk about that

But it’s basically a Brock Lesnar > Glock Lesnar type name.

G

·
user said:

Lmao man I get why you dont want to post it. Anyway if its sumn like that where the first and the last name are the same I'd still use it if you google it and he barely comes up. Really up to you though.

I don't really have that issue though, I go by the first name Tyler so the biggest thing I'd ever have an issue with is that theres already one rapper known as Tyler. But if its like dude above said and you could spell it a lil differently id consider that too

·
Premium Member
68,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
soapmanwun said:
cant you modify it a little
Just gonna use example of Ric Flair > Slic Flair (Slic Flair would be hypothetical name we are both using) since that’s kinda what it is just with a different person (protecting my brand I be going too crazy on here lmao)

So the name ain’t slic Flair but that’s hypothetical placeholder example

he does his

DJ Slic Flair

mine is

Slicflair

Thought about shortening it to slic but for what I’m using it’s too common of a name/term to where I’d be able to run with it once I took off but others have used it before and I’d be fighting the Google battle (imagine googling future in spring 09 looking for naydavius) starting out

G

·
user said:
Just gonna use example of Ric Flair > Slic Flair (Slic Flair would be hypothetical name we are both using) since that’s kinda what it is just with a different person (protecting my brand I be going too crazy on here lmao)

So the name ain’t slic Flair but that’s hypothetical placeholder example

he does his

DJ Slic Flair

mine is

Slicflair

Thought about shortening it to slic but for what I’m using it’s too common of a name/term to where I’d be able to run with it once I took off but others have used it before and I’d be fighting the Google battle (imagine googling future in spring 09 looking for naydavius) starting out
Keep your name fuck that DJ. You’ll actually make it :khaled2:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
user said:

Cringe. Stand by what you say on KTT or you're a bitch

·
Premium Member
68,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im Good. said:
Bro this is my biggest fear in life lmfaoo
lmaooo this shit not a joke they cancelling ****** out here

yo shit can be going good in 2024 u a whole grown man baby on the way it’s cool you a popping artist BOOM they find posts 12 years ago from when u was in high school now u putting in apps

and to answer pm hard trap influenced shit with my own lil spin on it but I’m tired of typical trap beats ppl be like my shit hard but they be wanting typical dababy/Stunna type shit  lol

G

·
user said:
lmaooo this shit not a joke they cancelling ****** out here

yo shit can be going good in 2024 u a whole grown man baby on the way it’s cool you a popping artist BOOM they find posts 12 years ago from when u was in high school now u putting in apps
Cancel culture already fading away look at lil nas x, plus I mean idk what you posted but I've trolled on here but never said some stupid wild shit. That's where you fuck up

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.