Been tossed aside like rotting meat
While the maggots and vultures feast
I can't wait to be rotting meat
Everyone searching for lightning
Right in plain sight, you deny him

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
The likes of Fantano should look back with shame. They saw the opportunity to use SBTH as a catalyst for the ultimate 'burial' review; something they can time stamp in their sad little internet careers. Cudi simply found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time. I remember Myke C Town's cringe worthy review the most. He tried so hard to do a crazy 'oh shit' review and failed so hard.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
marshmallow said:
Wonderful album. Real ones knew it was a work of art the day it dropped. Cudi gave it absolutely everything.
Remember telling my friends how much I loved it and they thought I was trolling and clowned me lmao

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
ApIistos said:
Remember telling my friends how much I loved it and they thought I was trolling and clowned me lmao
On the surface it was definitely surprising at first. Weird vocals and lyrics. Cudi going ham on guitar. It has flaws but is so impressively original. It'll be looked back on as some of cudis best work I believe. People need to remember Cudi was channeling motm 2 rage in a more violent way. He got a lot off his chest.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Soup. 💙 said:

https://twitter.com/KidCudi/status/1181717142884028417 glad he finally took time to speak on this :cry:
Wow I wish we got more info about the creative process for SB2H

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Chip Skylark said:
think the only thing I remember he said for the most part was that most of the songs were written during the MOTM2 era
Wait what I need the source

·
Registered
365 Posts
Chip Skylark said:
think the only thing I remember he said for the most part was that most of the songs were written during the MOTM2 era
Completely wrong

Here is a list of facts about SBTH that I know of for sure:

- alot of the songs he put himself in the mindstate of MOTM2 to write them, songs like The Nothing and Fade 2 Red
- nothing on the album is quantized to the grid
- everything is recorded on tape, which gave it that awesome ass sound and mix
- he played every instrument on the album, bass, guitars, and sometimes programmed some drums
- there are no synths or electronic sounds on the album

·
Registered
58,912 Posts
WZRDly said:
Completely wrong

Here is a list of facts about SBTH that I know of for sure:

- alot of the songs he put himself in the mindstate of MOTM2 to write them, songs like The Nothing and Fade 2 Red
- nothing on the album is quantized to the grid
- everything is recorded on tape, which gave it that awesome ass sound and mix
- he played every instrument on the album, bass, guitars, and sometimes programmed some drums
- there are no synths or electronic sounds on the album
well fuck me

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
wedNtux said:

I keep crying
I keep crying inside
I keep dying
I keep dying and
Ooh I'm not afraid
Ooh I'm not afraid
Ooh I'm not afraid
Of the pain
Of the pain
Of the pain
Of the pain
Ooh I'm not afraid
Ooh am I insane?
Ooh I'm not the same

·
Banned
9,116 Posts
Sounds💜 said:
Worth is a top tier Cudi song idgaf that shit is one of the most relatable songs he’s ever made & he did it very very well
As someone who seems to only attract depressed girls this song bangs

25901 - 25920 of 25924 Posts