Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hated this song, I still hate the beat and I still hate how Swizz has to put his voice in every sample he makes, and make awful beats as well. And it barely has any Kanye which is no good for me. But sometimes when I get an album I like to listen to every song but read the lyrics online while im reading them. I know it may sound weird but for some reason reading the lyrics at the same time gives you a whole other level of realizing how complex and thought out Kanye lines are. Same with Kid Cudi. I love Cudi but when he reffered to other rappers as "Simple Ass Rappers" I was like psshhh your rhymes are the simplest of all. Until I read them and realize he is literally telling a super in depth story.

Now to the point, in doing so I realized how good of a Jay-Z verse this is. Normally Jay talks about himself, mainly having to hustle growing up and being the richest rapper. It's a cool story overall but not when it's talked about in half of the songs on every album. In this though he actually talks about his emotions though, whats going on in his head, how he actually feels about something. When normally it's just about him from the outside. He talks about how depressed he is and how sometimes the thoughts in his head are too much. Anyways if you hate the song listen to it again while reading the lyrics. I picked up a ton of stuff from this album mainly from Kanye and Jay. It sound lyrically simple in comparison to some of Kanyes other stuff but both artists go crazy in depth on this.

G

·
"I still hate how Swizz has to put his voice in every sample he makes"
^^^Pete Rock & Timbaland said hi. It's call adlibing, get the fuck over it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CJ1214 said:

Damn that's the dopest song intro I've ever heard. Such artistic intengrity and creative stuff, out of the box and. Not just because it's my name...

What the fuck were they thinking.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
This is probably the most hated song here because it doesn't at all sound like a Kanye production or something he'd put on his albums. I would guess that Jay really pushed it to be on there since his verse is really good. It wasn't on the first couple of leaked tracklists I don't think, so maybe it was a track they argued over. It sounds more like something from BP3 than MBDTF for sure.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts