Kanye to The banner

sony continue to flop

890 views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  Cody Hicks 
#1 ·
#12 ·
willsimth1 said:
I wouldn't agree with that, the adoption rate of HDTVs was rather slow at first as well.
Well the 3d tv have been out for rather years ( at least working on it ) HDTV mostly are "in" because regular t.v meaning no cable was semi discontinued in many countries because we've moved on. So everything thinking HD HD get me cable back it worked, its definitely flopped.

#13 ·
White Hippy said:
Well the 3d tv have been out for rather years ( at least working on it ) HDTV mostly are "in" because regular t.v meaning no cable was semi discontinued in many countries because we've moved on. So everything thinking HD HD get me cable back it worked, its definitely flopped.
It's only just started to get mainstream production two years ago, electronics don't become successes overnight, unless it has the Apple name on it.

#16 ·
A quote from my man's on another forum  about this same thing:

That's terrible news.... the question is how much of the failures of Sony's other businesses going to cut into its operations at the Playstation division ? It's going to take Sony a long time to get out of this hole. They are virtually "broke", one has to wonder if Sony is going to be able to afford high grade technology or make major cuts for their next system.....

Sony lookin like Sega in 2001..... SAME problems with products and management, just Sony is in worse circumstances. If they don't turn to a profit and win on the PS4/Orbis, Sony will crumble and you can take that to the bank.

In order for Sony to get out of this they have to make record profits for at least 4 years straight uninterrupted, in a fragile U.S. economy & given Europe and Japan's economies in the toilet right now seems like a long shot.....

#18 ·
Stan Smith said:
The TVs are overpriced. I don't even think they're competing at this point.
the problem with their tvs is that they're buggy as fuck... tons of fantastic features on them, but the cheap parts they use cant handle simple tasks, like switching inputs, without glitching out for 5 minutes before doing what u ask of it.

#19 ·
Thank god the games are fine

#21 ·
Sony makes almost all of its profits selling insurance in Japan. Their electronics have lost them money for years. It's only the stubborn nature of Japanese management and programmers that keeps Sony in markets they have no reason to be in. No company makes money off of TV's anymore, their gaming division is strong, but is in a fragile position from the emergence of mobile gaming and the looming prospect of launching a new console, which they will no doubt take a loss on in the immediate future. Atleast they're finally taking their heads out of their asses and shaking things up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.