Kanye to The banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are there so few songs that tell a story? The vast majority of rap songs are just about how hot, how cool, how rich, how gangsta or how skilled the rapper is (Yes, even some kanye ones).

Then there are songs with a general topic and there are songs which seem to have no consistency whatsoever (Can somebody explain me, what Can't Tell Me Nothing is about???)

But I'd rather have more songs telling a story, some examples:

Stan, Roses, Gold Digger, Homecoming, same girl (usher ft r.kelly) ...

·
Registered
897 Posts
The reason why is because most of the people listening to Hip-Hop nowadays have a short attention span. New generations aren't interested in a rapper's story, or any story for that matter.
Same reason why the bookstores are closing down across the country.
same reason why kids graduating high school's have the same reading level as a kid in middle school.

Same reason why ringtone sales, and single-song sales are glorified :work:

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
G double O said:
The reason why is because most of the people listening to Hip-Hop nowadays have a short attention span. New generations aren't interested in a rapper's story, or any story for that matter.
Same reason why the bookstores are closing down across the country.
same reason why kids graduating high school's have the same reading level as a kid in middle school.

Same reason why ringtone sales, and single-song sales are glorified :work:
Your right. The younger generation has yet to realize the significance of story telling and how innovative and knowledgeble it can be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts