Kanye to The banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drake has never had an album reach higher than 8.8 on pitchfork, yet Kanye has had 4 albums get a 9, with his last 3 in a row all charting up there. Drake can sell and hit the charts, yet Kanye makes music that resonates with people.

Also all the people that comment that they hate certain songs Kanye makes are the same ones singing along to them at his shows :khaled:

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
Do people compare producer, fashion designer,writter, visionary, and rapper Kanye west to drake? Lock thread 21 Grammies btw

·
Banned
17,193 Posts
Literally nobody cares about Drake vs. Kanye. They're 2 different types.

Kanye is an artist.
Drake is a performer.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
How did you reach this conclusion? Strange reasoning. I'll assume the day pitchfork possibly awards a Kanye album a relatively low score, then the album will not resonate with you?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Famous Steeze. said:
Kanye is a better artist but if you think drakes music doesn't resonate with people you're sleeping bro
I agree to a certain extent. Most casual Drake fans can't sing or rap any songs before Take Care (minus a few songs from SFG & TML). Any casual Kanye fan can go in from anything College Dropout to TLOP. He could play a 40 song set and still not play songs that everyone loves

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kevin560 said:
How did you reach this conclusion? Strange reasoning. I'll assume the day pitchfork possibly awards a Kanye album a relatively low score, then the album will not resonate with you?
I wasn't saying that this sole reason makes Kanye better, just something I noticed that people don't usually bring up. I like Drake a lot, going to his Summer 16 show in Boston, but it's just laughable to me that people think Drake is on Kanyes level musically. Sure, Drake can sell and dominate the charts, but Kanye has 6 classic albums. Does Drake have 1?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.