Kanye to The banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
never got around to posting a thread like this on KL so I figured I might as well do it here.

Everything hand-drawn in Illustrator, old to new.
I have a lot more work I've done for clients, etc but that's alot more boring so I figured I'd just post the more artsy stuff here.
much more on my tumblr:
[URL=http://crackmorris.tumblr]http://crackmorris.tumblr
.com[/url]

probably the first complete project I did, maybe 8-10 months ago. Drawing the script was the most difficult part, but still happy with the result.

this was a GIF that faded from right to left, but my hard drive crashed a few months back and I can't find the GIF any longer.

These are a series of portraits I did about 6 months ago, each one took about a day and a half(maybe 16-20 hours of work), Jay-Z was first and Kanye was last. I think each one got progressively better so I may do a few more of these. My intent was for these to look like photos from a distance.

single cover I did for my dude

here's a logo I designed for a friend(honestly don't even think I used illustrator on this, so it's a bit sloppy)

here's a bag I really liked the design of so I decided to draw. Mostly just practicing with detailing/etc.

same goes for this one

A couple of logos I designed for Vado, not sure if he ever ended up using them for anything but it was still a crazy experience.

these 2 I was messing around with a more cartoonish look

and lately I've been experimenting with Comic-book style work, and trying to emulate the style of 1940's-1950's comics with a bit more gore/more gruesome. Definitely time consuming, but I've been pretty happy with the result. I have a few more of these done but I've been waiting for the right time to post them on my blog.

thanks for looking

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Synopsis said:
Are you a pro at this?
someday hopefully, right now it gets the bills paid but not making enough to live off of.

T.A. said:
wait...vado...like you two have had a conversation
not really.  we have a mutual friend who showed them to vado and killa and they gave me whatever advice or ideas they had.

·
Banned
260,958 Posts
CRACK said:
kinda depends on how sophisticated the designs/ideas are, but usually $40-50.
mhmm, depending on how long you stay on this site, I may end up asking for your services one day

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
dude.... :allears:

honestly probably the dopest graphic design work i've seen on this site imo.
this shit is freaking dope. soooo tight man.

i'd be down to pay that price for a mixtape cover too
Synopsis said:
mhmm, depending on how long you stay on this site, I may end up asking for your services one day

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Dopeness. Mickey Voorhees, Sliiiiiiiiiiime Flu logo, Jesus Piece cover & the portraits are crazy! You did this with the pen tool?

·
Premium Member
15,105 Posts
graphic design is always something i've thought of doing in university in a couple years... interests me.
just wonderin is it hard to make a career out of this?

Amazing designs btw.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Casso_Dinero said:
Dopeness. Mickey Voorhees, Sliiiiiiiiiiime Flu logo, Jesus Piece cover & the portraits are crazy! You did this with the pen tool?
I meant the wacom tablet, I'm pretty sure you use the pen tool, haha.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks everyone

don't have a tablet yet so I've managed to do everything just with my macbook trackpad, but I plan on picking up a tablet this month, think it's probably time.

Thanks once again, I'll update this thread as often as I can.

Joe. said:
graphic design is always something i've thought of doing in university in a couple years... interests me.
just wonderin is it hard to make a career out of this?

Amazing designs btw.
I don't think it's as hard as most people believe it is.  From my understanding if you work freelance you need to be super motivated to always be looking for clients, but you end up making more money.  If you work for a firm you don't get paid as much but the jobs pretty much fall into your lap.  I think as long as you have can produce a product that differentiates yourself from others it's not difficult at all to turn it into a career.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts