Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty sure the answer to this question will basically determine how truthful things we have heard have been. And not to say I don't respect them, I do, I appreciate them taking time out of their day to come on here and tell us...stuff. And I don't think they are lying, I don't.

...but I admit I and others are feeling a bit frustrated after hearing from the (awesome) man over in Minnesota that Power IS the same. I am pretty sure it was implied that it would be more reminiscent of what we saw in Runaway.

So, when the album comes out, (and honestly I can't wait, I have no qualms, I am super excited, I can't stop thinking about it, great way to start off Thanksgiving break), and Power does in fact sound the same as the single, I will be feeling a bit...confused. Not mad at all, just confused.

So what's really going on?

·
Premium Member
12,275 Posts
Power doesn't need to be changed though  :huh:

Whether it is or not isn't really a big deal too me tbh, song is already epic :kanyeshrug:

·
Premium Member
12,275 Posts
And plus Power wasn't even a leak, why would he change it up lol :-\ - Runaway will be different from the iTunes but I doubt Power will.

·
Banned
15,695 Posts
Szohr said:
And plus Power wasn't even a leak, why would he change it up lol :-\ - Runaway will be different from the iTunes but I doubt Power will.
its wat wat said tho...

·
0 Posts
Szohr said:
Power was a leak...

·
Banned
355 Posts
People are gettin way to emotional and bitchy about these songs and this album I swear

Shit is fucking ridiculous (pun intended)

Jus enjoy the music

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys, Power leaked on like May 28th, 2010. It was posted on Klive. That's what I was referring to.

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
I like the second verse that was performed on SNL more than I do the second verse on the single.  I'd like that to be reflected.

·
0 Posts
STATED said:
sarcasm??
Nope...Power was a leak and I don't think Ye had any intention of releasing it anytime soon...the album is coming this month because it was leaking...If it wasn't for the person with the Record For Hype file then we probably would've had the album in 2011.

·
Registered
12,340 Posts
i hope all of the lights interlude is the part power sample/violin part from runaway...just transitioned a little better to aotl

·
Premium Member
12,275 Posts
UltraKid said:
He had to release it because it leaked.
k but i'm assuming he changed it as much as he wanted after he released it on iTunes, no need too change it anymore than that >_>

Runaway was surprising

tbh I'm probably content with the changes, ya'll are over exaggerating. According too dude who heard it, DIAND has a completely different beat breakdown at the end, and Dark Fantasy is way different too. Also, compare AOTL from the first leak? Shit is MADD different lol. We just heard Gorgeous 3 weeks prior too the album from a leak so that's whateves, not Ye's fault and apparently it sounds way cleaner and what not. Blame Game/Best Birthday will be brand new. Obviously Runaway has been changed a bunch. I'm sure we'll hear quite a few changes too Hell Of A Life. Than there's that AOTL interlude...

Like he obviously wasn't going too make completey new songs, but he has drastically changed quite a few of them. I named more than half the album that went through a bunch of changes. So Appalled was changed like crazy after the leak + monster - only problem was the finished versions came out a while ago but eh, I haven't been listening too them while waiting for the album, plus I'm sure it'll sound much cleaner, everything will.

all in all I don't think it's as big of a deal as you guys make it out too be but thats my opinion :dno:

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
Szohr said:
k but i'm assuming he changed it as much as he wanted after he released it on iTunes, no need too change it anymore than that >_>

Runaway was surprising

tbh I'm probably content with the changes, ya'll are over exaggerating. According too dude who heard it, DIAND has a completely different beat breakdown at the end, and Dark Fantasy is way different too. Also, compare AOTL from the first leak? Shit is MADD different lol. We just heard Gorgeous 3 weeks prior too the album from a leak so that's whateves, not Ye's fault and apparently it sounds way cleaner and what not. Blame Game/Best Birthday will be brand new. Obviously Runaway has been changed a bunch. I'm sure we'll hear quite a few changes too Hell Of A Life. Than there's that AOTL interlude...

Like he obviously wasn't going too make completey new songs, but he has drastically changed quite a few of them. I named more than half the album that went through a bunch of changes. So Appalled was changed like crazy after the leak + monster - only problem was the finished versions came out a while ago but eh, I haven't been listening too them while waiting for the album, plus I'm sure it'll sound much cleaner, everything will.

all in all I don't think it's as big of a deal as you guys make it out too be but thats my opinion :dno:
I like the rationality in this post.

·
0 Posts
Szohr said:

Runaway was surprising

Nah...Even the mastered version of Power sounds unfinished and messy...the movie version souned hella better...I don't think any songs will be different outside of the fact that all of the them are mastered for the album.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts