Kanye to The banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just looks fun and it can help me pass time over the summer. I have ideas and what not in my head so I wanna try to at least see how it goes. So I need help:

What kind of camera (reasonable price) should I start out using?
What kind of tools should I invest in?
Some rules and tips.
And just overall help. If you go on my tumblr I want to be able to take pictures like those. But I know it will take a while. So all the help will be greatly needed.
 
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
ae93 said:
It just looks fun and it can help me pass time over the summer. I have ideas and what not in my head so I wanna try to at least see how it goes. So I need help:

What kind of camera (reasonable price) should I start out using?
What kind of tools should I invest in?
Some rules and tips.
And just overall help. If you go on my tumblr I want to be able to take pictures like those. But I know it will take a while. So all the help will be greatly needed.
AW DAMN, I used to sell cameras at Best Buy. :datass: Lemme see if I gotchu.

I mean, you can always start off with a digital camera and edit using Picnik or Photoshop but if you wanna try to be professional, I suggest you look into a DSLR (digital SLR). Of course you need a memory card and if you want, you should get a tripod. Don't forget a bag and buy yourself a warranty too just in case you break your camera.

DSLR's aren't cheap though, be mindful of that. I went on the BB website and the cheapest one is 500 bucks.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pyrolicious said:
AW DAMN, I used to sell cameras at Best Buy. :datass: Lemme see if I gotchu.

I mean, you can always start off with a digital camera and edit using Picnik or Photoshop but if you wanna try to be professional, I suggest you look into a DSLR (digital SLR). Of course you need a memory card and if you want, you should get a tripod. Don't forget a bag and buy yourself a warranty too just in case you break your camera.

DSLR's aren't cheap though, be mindful of that. I went on the BB website and the cheapest one is 500 bucks.
with using a digital camera, how will the pics turn out? Cause I wanna take good pictures. Also, what websites are good for editing to make my pics come alive and stand out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pyrolicious said:
AW DAMN, I used to sell cameras at Best Buy. :datass: Lemme see if I gotchu.

I mean, you can always start off with a digital camera and edit using Picnik or Photoshop but if you wanna try to be professional, I suggest you look into a DSLR (digital SLR). Of course you need a memory card and if you want, you should get a tripod. Don't forget a bag and buy yourself a warranty too just in case you break your camera.

DSLR's aren't cheap though, be mindful of that. I went on the BB website and the cheapest one is 500 bucks.
also,http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PENTAX+-+Factory-Refurbished+K100D+6.3-Megapixel+DSLR+Camera+-+Black/2670576.p?id=1218343208408&skuId=2670576 would you consider that a good camera?
 
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
ae93 said:
with using a digital camera, how will the pics turn out? Cause I wanna take good pictures. Also, what websites are good for editing to make my pics come alive and stand out?
Well it depends on what camera you use, really. Just go to a store and test them all out, tbh. I go on picnik to edit my photos. It's free and easy to use. They have lots of cool effects.
http://www.picnik.com/app

And yeah, that camera you linked me to is good. Cheap too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pyrolicious said:
Well it depends on what camera you use, really. Just go to a store and test them all out, tbh. I go on picnik to edit my photos. It's free and easy to use. They have lots of cool effects.
http://www.picnik.com/app

And yeah, that camera you linked me to is good. Cheap too!
nice. And I have a camera now, its a Kodak easyshare m320. is that a good start for my first few months to put out some quality pictures before I purchase another one?
 
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
ae93 said:
ohk ohk. But were you able to make good pics with the easyshare cameras? Cause I have like no money lol.
Honestly, I couldn't remember but like, there were all these dots and it just looked shitty lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pyrolicious said:
Honestly, I couldn't remember but like, there were all these dots and it just looked shitty lol.
ehh, ill work with it. And thank you very much. Is there any other tips you can give me before I start?
 
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
ae93 said:
ehh, ill work with it. And thank you very much. Is there any other tips you can give me before I start?
Make sure you're using the right setting and make sure you have the appropriate amount of light.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pyrolicious said:
Make sure you're using the right setting and make sure you have the appropriate amount of light.
do you mind going into detail?
 
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
ae93 said:
do you mind going into detail?
There's really nothing to it haha if you're talking about a digital camera.... I mean, you know that circular knob thing that has different settings? Make sure you're using the right one. And make sure you're taking pics in a well lit area
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pyrolicious said:
There's really nothing to it haha if you're talking about a digital camera.... I mean, you know that circular knob thing that has different settings? Make sure you're using the right one. And make sure you're taking pics in a well lit area
Ohk, I see, like outside? And thank you so so much.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top