Kanye to The banner

Which MacBook should I buy?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really can't decide :cryfam: As of right now, I'm favoring the Air just off of looks.
Which do you have and why was it a good purchase?
Also, what is the difference between the laptops: memory, processor, etc.

·
Premium Member
133,379 Posts
DO NOT GET AN AIR AS YOUR MAIN LAPTOP

post a link to both and ill tell you just how bad the air is

nobody can tell you how bad one is than the other unless we know the exact specs your getting

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
All i'm gonna say is...

If you have a desktop already, and want to use both a desktop and laptop, get the air.

If you are just going to have a laptop as a complete replacement for desktop computing altogether, get the Macbook Pro.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
xX J. Hype Xx said:
I have a Gateway laptop right now and it's going to shit. Whichever one I decide to get will be my main computer.

These are the 2 I'm contemplating
11 inch, 128 GB Air: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook_air/select?mco=MjMzOTQxMjE
or
13 inch, 2.3 GHz Pro: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook_pro?aid=AIC-WWW-NAUS-K2-BUYNOW-MACBOOKPRO-INDEX&cp=BUYNOW-MACBOOKPRO-INDEX
Hmm...I would say get the Pro. The SSD Of the Air is more reliable and faster than the HDD of the Pro. However you still get more space with the pro, more screen real estate, and more overall power

·
Registered
276 Posts
xX J. Hype Xx said:
I really can't decide :cryfam: As of right now, I'm favoring the Air just off of looks.
Which do you have and why was it a good purchase?
Also, what is the difference between the laptops: memory, processor, etc.
having same problem bro

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just decided on getting the Pro :)
Ordering as soon as I get my loan

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I have a new Pro and a new Air here next to each other. The Pro is slower at everything after the Lion upgrade. The Air has a better display and it works smoother. I'm guessing the Pro will soon be updated once again.

I would recommend the Air. It's better with the new OS and it's more portable. The Pro has it's advantages here and there, but in most cases not in really important things.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Phucker said:
I have a new Pro and a new Air here next to each other. The Pro is slower at everything after the Lion upgrade. The Air has a better display and it works smoother. I'm guessing the Pro will soon be updated once again.

I would recommend the Air. It's better with the new OS and it's more portable. The Pro has it's advantages here and there, but in most cases not in really important things.
Damn. You just confused me again, haha
So in your opinion, go with the Air?

·
Premium Member
133,379 Posts
i dont know how the fuck apple has convinced some of you to pey over $1000 for a netbook

shit is fucking ridicules

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
xX J. Hype Xx said:
Damn. You just confused me again, haha
So in your opinion, go with the Air?
Yep.

The only downside I see with Air is the fact that it has no CD/DVD drive. Either way it can use other computers' drives when they are in the same network. Plus who uses discs anyway. People look at the pure numbers way too often. It's wiser to look at the performance of the machines.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Phucker said:
Yep.

The only downside I see with Air is the fact that it has no CD/DVD drive. Either way it can use other computers' drives when they are in the same network. Plus who uses discs anyway. People look at the pure numbers way too often. It's wiser to look at the performance of the machines.
I didn't know that the Air didn't have that. Performance is key but I'm always buying cds & dvds and I store them on my computer. And personally, I don't know how to use someone else's computer drive even if we are in the same network. I think I just found my deciding factor

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mozeley said:
i dont know how the fuck apple has convinced some of you to pey over $1000 for a netbook

shit is fucking ridicules
Why buy one and why not? Then we can have a discussion, haha

·
Registered
168 Posts
xX J. Hype Xx said:
I didn't know that the Air didn't have that. Performance is key but I'm always buying cds & dvds and I store them on my computer. And personally, I don't know how to use someone else's computer drive even if we are in the same network. I think I just found my deciding factor
you can get a external cd drive for under 50 bucks and plug it in when you need it.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bacon said:
you can get a external cd drive for under 50 bucks and plug it in when you need it.
That doesn't sound bad at all. I can get this at..Best Buy? Radio Shack?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts