Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'm a big Kanye fan and far from a hater.  I even went out of my way to meet him, Common, and John Legend.

But I gotta say that it doesn't seem like this album is going to be that good.  The first reason is the single "Stronger."  It's just terrible.  After leads "Through the Wire" and "Diamonds," this is just a huge step down.  Those other two songs actually had a message to them and were unique.  "Stronger" has terrible lyrics and is just another club track.  Not to mention how ridiculous the video is, which is even worse given Ye's videos have always been exciting and different.  I know it's based off of "Akira" but that doesn't automatically make it good.

The second is the production.  "Can't Tell Me Nothing" has great lyrics, but the beat, while hot, isn't "Kanye hot" IMO.  I'm worried that the album has too much outside influence, mostly by DJ Troomp.  In an interview in Scratch he says that he worked with Kanye a lot on it.

Lastly is the the lack of the theme.  I hope to god that the flying anime bear isn't the real cover because it looks horrible and ruins the theme of his album covers.  The covers made in the contest on this site were much better.  Moreover, if the tracklist floating around is real, it looks like he cut out the skits that tied the songs together and showed off Kanye's sense of humor.  And 14 tracks?  Come on.

Also, the review from the Sun said that a lot of the album has "gangsta" lyrics.  I really hope that's not true.  Not only is it hypocritcal ("I went platinum, and I don't rap guns"), but is totally cliche.  And this new track "Barry Bonds" sounds pretty lame.  If you can get some of the biggest stars on your album (Nas, Jay-Z, Mos Def, etc), why would you put Lil' Wayne on it?  Because he's hot right now?  I hope Kanye regrets it in a few years when no one remembers who Wayne is.

Anyway, I really hope that I'm wrong about this

LMAO sounds very similar to everyone now whos extra worried about the album not living up to the hype  well back before grad people were the same way and ill say grad turned out pretty good so everyone needs to CALM DOWN lol kanyes got us

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Black Mamba said:
First off, I'm a big Kanye fan and far from a hater.  I even went out of my way to meet him, Common, and John Legend.

But I gotta say that it doesn't seem like this album is going to be that good.  The first reason is the single "Stronger."  It's just terrible.  After leads "Through the Wire" and "Diamonds," this is just a huge step down.  Those other two songs actually had a message to them and were unique.  "Stronger" has terrible lyrics and is just another club track.  Not to mention how ridiculous the video is, which is even worse given Ye's videos have always been exciting and different.  I know it's based off of "Akira" but that doesn't automatically make it good.

The second is the production.  "Can't Tell Me Nothing" has great lyrics, but the beat, while hot, isn't "Kanye hot" IMO.  I'm worried that the album has too much outside influence, mostly by DJ Troomp.  In an interview in Scratch he says that he worked with Kanye a lot on it.

Lastly is the the lack of the theme.  I hope to god that the flying anime bear isn't the real cover because it looks horrible and ruins the theme of his album covers.  The covers made in the contest on this site were much better.  Moreover, if the tracklist floating around is real, it looks like he cut out the skits that tied the songs together and showed off Kanye's sense of humor.  And 14 tracks?  Come on.

Also, the review from the Sun said that a lot of the album has "gangsta" lyrics.  I really hope that's not true.  Not only is it hypocritcal ("I went platinum, and I don't rap guns"), but is totally cliche.  And this new track "Barry Bonds" sounds pretty lame.  If you can get some of the biggest stars on your album (Nas, Jay-Z, Mos Def, etc), why would you put Lil' Wayne on it?  Because he's hot right now?  I hope Kanye regrets it in a few years when no one remembers who Wayne is.

Anyway, I really hope that I'm wrong about this

LMAO sounds very similar to everyone now whos extra worried about the album not living up to the hype  well back before grad people were the same way and ill say grad turned out pretty good so everyone needs to CALM DOWN lol kanyes got us
that guy fucked up

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
i wasnt at KLive at that time, but i knew there had to be a thread about this.
hahaha.

calm down everyone, kanye's got his shit together.

·
Registered
458 Posts
LIRL.

It's so damn good. As though it was written after so that facts could be ultra wrong.

Also: "And 14 tracks. Come on".

:problem?:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
hahahahaha..... i never liked that stronger video either... cant tell me nothing was the single that got my attention, not stronger.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts