Kanye to The banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think Lupe REALLY was about what he was spitting and made the change for the better, or was he just being a storyteller and talking about what goes on in his daily environment?

Was he a drug dealer?

Did he carry a mac-10 ready to blast a nigga away if he wasn't coming correct?

Was he a pimp?

Discuss.

I used to beleive Lupe just rapped about it as a storyteller and was just talking about his environment and the people around him,but after really listening to his music, it's hard to believe a bystander is so damn knowledgeable about the gang life.

"Chop game wit my Folk and split it in half
"You ain't gotta bring it back tomorrow" a nigga can have"

"If you represent your set, then you’re rollin through the jets
Take your fingers off the triggers; keep your hands off your tecs, check.
I’m really gnarly
Really harder than trying to wheelie Harleys
I really hardly life of the party.
Hotter than Saudis in furs in the Mojave
Don’t make me catch a body, First & Fifteenth probably
Playa, don’t trip when the clique’s in the party
You trick then it kick like Mr. Miagi
I bought an extra clip in event of a robbery
You flinched then it click like Clint, Dirty Harry"

"Was nuts with the cain(caine), planters, planters"

"Got a big Mac if you wanna sandwich, B"

"Keep my dogs out in front of me
You see what I'm saying
And I push ki's wonderfully…"

"This is saran wrap and aluminum foil
Some potpourri, a little machine oil
I, stack my paper and throw off my cents(scents)"

"Trap, trickin, pimpin, I do it for the cheddar"

"Wonder how I remain cool, when I'm peddling the fire?/When niggas got littler than a sweater and a dryer?/Homie I was a pusher of medicines for hire/So I can walk through the cookers, without sweating my attire/Get through the drought, without sweating my supplier/Without giving out my connect to the buyer/I hope I get it right, before the sun sets out west, and God sends his messiah."

Additionally, his close friend and co-owner is now serving 40+ years in prison for posession of heroin with intention to distribute, and Lupe was caught during a phone conversation talking about "the red ones and the yellow ones" which is apparently slang for how to cut up and distribute heroin, but Lupe got off by claiming he was talking about something music related.

So with that said, I believe Lupe got his hands dirty in the past before getting his act together.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hachi said:
I forget where but Lupe has said before that everything he used to rap about was real talk sooooooo....
You should find where he said that, since I have never seen Lupe come straight out and say he was a former drug dealer and pimp.

·
Premium Member
66,017 Posts
His mother made him change..

My momma said she wanted somethin REAL..
real.. real.. real.. real

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
Versa said:
You should find where he said that, since I have never seen Lupe come straight out and say he was a former drug dealer and pimp.
He didn't directly come out and say "I was a drug dealer" but he alluded to the fact that his older material was mostly non-fiction.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol @ newlo

lol @ Lupe being more gangster than Rick Ross and 99% of the "hardcore" rap community.

·
Registered
16,205 Posts

^ This isn't exactly the vid i remember but he does say his gangsta material was real (@ 0:36 "It was real but it wasn't healthy ") and @ 1:20 the interviewer asks him how he avoided the gang lifestyle and he says "I didn't, Who said i avoided it *Adorable laugh*"

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hachi said:

^ This isn't exactly the vid i remember but he does say his gangsta material was real (@ 0:36 "It was real but it wasn't healthy ") and @ 1:20 the interviewer asks him how he avoided the gang lifestyle and he says "I didn't, Who said i avoided it *Adorable laugh*"
Yeah I saw that, but I think it cut off before he said "who said I avoided it?"

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kale07 said:
In addition remember the story Rich share with us about "Lupe" being taken from one of his hispanic buddies. Lupe shouts out Latin kings alot in his gangsta raps so it it possible lupe's friends were LK's and he was "heavily influenced" (if you know what i mean).
What did Rich mean by "Taken from" ? Sounds like a kidnapping.

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
Versa said:
What did Rich mean by "Taken from" ? Sounds like a kidnapping.
Haha!  I think he just means he copped somebody else's nickname.  My brotha did the same thing to me.  >_> 

·
Premium Member
66,017 Posts
Versa said:
lol @ newlo

lol @ Lupe being more gangster than Rick Ross and 99% of the "hardcore" rap community.
Im serious. He even hinted it on Say Something

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I remember in an interview he said that his dad stopped this gang from trying to expand where he use to live and Lu said he had techs pointed at them outside his window. He also said he handled his business. He never called anyone to fight for him. He would take in all comers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts