Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
68,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lack of outrage over the cops using a bomb on the Dallas suspect?

Take away your feelings of whether he "deserved" it...

They just played judge, jury and executioner on a SUSPECT.

This sets a horrible precedent where people no longer get their day in court.

I could see if they were in immediate danger of death but they sent some slow ass R2D2 bomb in there meaning they just got tired of negotiating or decided his info wasn't needed anymore and just blew up a SUSPECT.

They picked a situation where people wouldn't protest or challenge it in the name of patriotism but am I the only one who thinks people not getting their day in court and us having to believe the police's account of things sets a terrible precedent?

·
Banned
29,878 Posts
user said:
The lack of outrage over the cops using a bomb on the Dallas suspect?

Take away your feelings of whether he "deserved" it...

They just played judge, jury and executioner on a SUSPECT.

This sets a horrible precedent where people no longer get their day in court.

I could see if they were in immediate danger of death but they sent some slow ass R2D2 bomb in there meaning they just got tired of negotiating or decided his info wasn't needed anymore and just blew up a SUSPECT.

They picked a situation where people wouldn't protest or challenge it in the name of patriotism but am I the only one who thinks people not getting their day in court and us having to believe the police's account of things sets a terrible precedent?
Not really a suspect if you're engaged in an active shootout with him, fam.

·
Premium Member
68,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Theory said:
Not really a suspect if you're engaged in an active shootout with him, fam.
at the time he was shooting at them? i was under the impression he was negotiating with them.

wouldn't they have just shot him rather than sending a robot in there with him?

also where did they get this robot? they made it on the spot or did they just  have it chilling at the office waiting for the right situation to use it?

·
Banned
74,355 Posts
I totally agree with OP honestly. It's dangerous to be okay with the government bombing its own citizens, guilty or not.

·
Banned
29,878 Posts
user said:
at the time he was shooting at them? i was under the impression he was negotiating with them.

wouldn't they have just shot him rather than sending a robot in there with him?

also where did they get this robot? they made it on the spot or did they just  have it chilling at the office waiting for the right situation to use it?
From what I understand, they were in a shootout, was holed up in a spot where he couldn't be reached. When approached, would shoot type shit. So they wheeled the bot in and blew it up because they knew he wouldn't come out peacefully.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

·
Banned
29,878 Posts
Tyler93 said:
aren't you a libertarian :koolaid:
I don't see how police using a robot to take out an active shooter goes against libertarian policies. If he had surrendered and was no longer armed, then yeah they should have just arrested him. But if he was still a threat then why not?

·
Banned
74,355 Posts
Theory said:
I don't see how police using a robot to take out an active shooter goes against libertarian policies. If he had surrendered and was no longer armed, then yeah they should have just arrested him. But if he was still a threat then why not?
because its the government using a LITERAL FUCKING BOMB to kill a citizen

actually regardless of political stripe this should scare you

·
Banned
29,878 Posts
Tyler93 said:
because its the government using a LITERAL FUCKING BOMB to kill a citizen

actually regardless of political stripe this should scare you
It was a small explosive, it wasn't like they were carpet bombing a neighborhood to take him out. blast radius was pretty small, correct?

·
Banned
74,355 Posts
Theory said:
It was a small explosive, it wasn't like they were carpet bombing a neighborhood to take him out. blast radius was pretty small, correct?
It shouldn't matter it's still a scary precedent

·
Banned
29,878 Posts
Tyler93 said:
It shouldn't matter it's still a scary precedent
But it does matter. If they flew a drone over downtown Dallas dropping bombs with large blast radiuses then yeah, this would be a huge issue. As it stands, we have a guy who was an active threat, who was holed up and still shooting at police, and hours of negotiations got them nowhere. They had to take him out, and there options were limited. A charge pack with a small blast radius being used does not worry me anymore than swat officers with machine guns lol

·
Banned
74,355 Posts
Theory said:
But it does matter. If they flew a drone over downtown Dallas dropping bombs with large blast radiuses then yeah, this would be a huge issue. As it stands, we have a guy who was an active threat, who was holed up and still shooting at police, and hours of negotiations got them nowhere. They had to take him out, and there options were limited. A charge pack with a small blast radius being used does not worry me anymore than swat officers with machine guns lol
I wonder how much of a threat he was in a parking garage by himself

I read he asked for a cell phone so he clearly wanted to talk to them

either way, I don't like the precedent it sets that we don't need to negotiate with people we just need to blow them up

·
Banned
29,878 Posts
Tyler93 said:
I wonder how much of a threat he was in a parking garage by himself

I read he asked for a cell phone so he clearly wanted to talk to them

either way, I don't like the precedent it sets that we don't need to negotiate with people we just need to blow them up
They did attempt to negotiate for hours, in which he laughed at them, said he wanted to kill as many cops, and would fire at the police throughout. Another cop was shot during the negotiation.

·
Banned
74,355 Posts
Theory said:
They did attempt to negotiate for hours, in which he laughed at them, said he wanted to kill as many cops, and would fire at the police throughout. Another cop was shot during the negotiation.
and yet, bombing a civilian is not the way to go

it's scary, it's dystopian

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
Tyler93 said:
I totally agree with OP honestly. It's dangerous to be okay with the government bombing its own citizens, guilty or not.

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Tyler93 said:
and yet, bombing a civilian is not the way to go

it's scary, it's dystopian
can't wait for the dystopian society :yejoice: i will be in the government so i will be christian bale in equilibrium

1 - 20 of 121 Posts