Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grad and MBDTF both have strong and weak points, but imo it's already clear that So Appalled is this albums Drunk and Hot Girls. It's not altogether horrible, I'll still bump it and enjoy it plenty of times, but deep down I know it just doesn't measure up to the rest of the album. Kanye hasn't and probably won't ever make a perfect album because he is in constant artistic upheaval with his work, constantly reworking and rearranging songs for live performance and doing (apparently) over 30 mixes of any given song and laying down tons of vocals from other artists that don't get used and writing different verses for his songs all the time. Objectivity of what is best for a work can be lost very easily in this process, but that's also the reason we have so many achingly beautiful moments on this and all his albums. So please, no flames, just my observations.

In summation, Kanye pwns and no one can touch him. MBDTF: album of the year.  :stronger:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Drunk and hot girls was a filler song that i skipped (not all the time, but i would do it). YOU DONT SKIP SO APPALLED.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
so appalled is 12345336267547647245 times better than drunk and hot girls. verses are pure fire

·
Registered
796 Posts
so appalled is a veryyyy good song... just doesnt belong on the album

drunk and hot girls is a veryyyyy bad song ... doesnt belong on any album

·
Registered
25,534 Posts
singleleaf said:
Grad and MBDTF both have strong and weak points, but imo it's already clear that So Appalled is this albums Drunk and Hot Girls. It's not altogether horrible, I'll still bump it and enjoy it plenty of times, but deep down I know it just doesn't measure up to the rest of the album. Kanye hasn't and probably won't ever make a perfect album because he is in constant artistic upheaval with his work, constantly reworking and rearranging songs for live performance and doing (apparently) over 30 mixes of any given song and laying down tons of vocals from other artists that don't get used and writing different verses for his songs all the time. Objectivity of what is best for a work can be lost very easily in this process, but that's also the reason we have so many achingly beautiful moments on this and all his albums. So please, no flames, just my observations.

In summation, Kanye pwns and no one can touch him. MBDTF: album of the year.  :stronger:
you're definitely right...

·
Registered
35,081 Posts
I think Monster is , it's the most lowly produced song on the album . It's sorta like the outcast but it's not bad .

·
Banned
13,545 Posts
fuck this forum section atm yall have too many shitty opinions and make too many dumb threads and i dont care to tolerate them tbh :work:

pce

·
Registered
347 Posts
ISA is fire!!  People hate it because it ain't fresh. The beats amazing, Kanye and Jay kill it.

Why are people hating on this track?  I bet if no one had heard it before the album they would be going crazy for it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts