Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
keeping in mind that Kanye's music has been a big cultural part of the black community and that he's one of the most acclaimed artists musically of the century...

Does this save him all the time? That he's a genius?

What makes him get a pass from all these controversies, whereas if an actor, who's an Oscar winner for example, got up and said the same thing, then all hell breaks loose?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,306 Posts
Because he was talkig about mental slavery. Read his tweets. Y’all taking it out of proportion, again. Fake ass fans
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,481 Posts
hot pancakes said:
Because he was talkig about mental slavery. Read his tweets. Y’all taking it out of proportion, again. Fake ass fans
yeah also kanye says dumb shit without thinking and thats kind of the point. dont be afraid to just yell some crazy shit out that you just thought of. ppl are so afraid to say shit that goes against the grain so they say nothing new. kanyes willing to shed a light on ppl calling him out and showing he's dumb he doesnt care. it's like I said 10 random things that came to my mind and 1 of them has some value in it. so isnt it good I said all 10 otherwise we would miss out on the 1 good idea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36,416 Posts
hot pancakes said:
Because he was talkig about mental slavery. Read his tweets. Y’all taking it out of proportion, again. Fake ass fans
did you even watch the TMZ thing? he clearly wasn't, lmao.
:clap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,317 Posts
its really simple
the more bullshit he speaks the more his music will have to compensate for
at this point he has to release some MBDTF shit; and we still have 4 weeks of tweets ahead of us
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,120 Posts
He was talking about getting his ass beat by crips to "talk sense into him", then goes  "but..." he doesn't agree with the mental slavery of having to adhere to particular thoughts just because everyone tells you to.

in between that he added a comparison to slavery saying that if there were so many slaves, and they were enslaved for so long, then that sounds like a choice. All he had to do was say "but it wasn't a choice because they were mentally enslaved too", and none of this shit would have happened.

That's why he said "Most fear is learned" last night. Slaves were abused, threatened, whipped, etc. into fearing their masters who they could have probably overpowered by sheer force (in Kanye's use of it as an example anyway, whether that was actually ever an option is another discussion that I'm not getting into)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,306 Posts
mahchefai said:
yeah also kanye says dumb shit without thinking and thats kind of the point. dont be afraid to just yell some crazy shit out that you just thought of. ppl are so afraid to say shit that goes against the grain so they say nothing new. kanyes willing to shed a light on ppl calling him out and showing he's dumb he doesnt care. it's like I said 10 random things that came to my mind and 1 of them has some value in it. so isnt it good I said all 10 otherwise we would miss out on the 1 good idea.
RT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,120 Posts
fka ocho said:
did you even watch the TMZ thing? he clearly wasn't, lmao.
:clap:
Axyend said:
He was talking about getting his ass beat by crips to "talk sense into him", then goes  "but..." he doesn't agree with the mental slavery of having to adhere to particular thoughts just because everyone tells you to.

in between that he added a comparison to slavery saying that if there were so many slaves, and they were enslaved for so long, then that sounds like a choice. All he had to do was say "but it wasn't a choice because they were mentally enslaved too", and none of this shit would have happened.

That's why he said "Most fear is learned" last night. Slaves were abused, threatened, whipped, etc. into fearing their masters who they could have probably overpowered by sheer force (in Kanye's use of it as an example anyway, whether that was actually ever an option is another discussion that I'm not getting into)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36,416 Posts
hot pancakes said:
Did you? He refers to a mental prison
Yes, and he said "400 hundred years of slavery, ..., 400 years, that sounds like a choice". I know it well because I played it a couple more times to wrap my head around what he said.

there's no point in capping for this. Let Ye take his L and hope he realizes why he's wrong.
:floyd:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36,416 Posts
But it wasn't learned. It was economically and legally enforced by structural institutions of the day.

You really think black people were enslaved just because they looked different and not because they were a disposable set of labor, and only after did rich white folks need to justify why they were enslaving other people? Why do you think all that race science came to be around the same time slavery went into full gear?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,120 Posts
fka ocho said:
But it wasn't learned. It was economically and legally enforced by structural institutions of the day.

You really think black people were enslaved just because they looked different and not because they were a disposable set of labor, and only after did rich white folks need to justify why they were enslaving other people? Why do you think all that race science came to be around the same time slavery went into full gear?
again I'm not saying there was any reason they could have revolted, like you say for economic and legal reasons.

But I read a lot of responses to Kanye's words that revolve around the use of torture, rape, murder, to instill fear in slaves - which I can imagine is true - and the witholding of education and stuff so that slaves couldn't learn or communicate properly (or something to that extent) to prevent any sort of uprising.

Is that not a form of keeping them mentally enslaved alongside the physical and legal/economic enslavement?
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top