Votes: 22 29.3%
  • FUCK DUBSTEP

Votes: 20 26.7%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
38,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since SXSW some of the major indie publications that originally shunned Skrillex and his brosteps have be approaching his music with a more enlightened and positive outlook. It started with Stereogum (site that harbors ex-Pitchfork/Village Voice writers), and now it seems Pitchfork has even hopped on the Skrill-wagon too!

Interview:

http://www.pitchfork.com/features/interviews/8798-skrillex/

SXSW performance co-sign:

http://www.pitchfork.com/news/45794-sxsw-skrillex/

As many of you may know, I've been riding Skrillwavves for a minute and have been one of his most vocal supporters on this forum...now that Pitchfork is giving him their co-sign will more of you be grabbin your surfboards and riding bro-waves? or will you continue to listen to your boring James Blake/Burial and complain how Skrill is ruining "real dubstep"?

·
Registered
38,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Raincoat Killah said:
dont even know who that is

dont wanna know either
He's dope breh, his beats bang in the whip too.  You should download his ep Bangarangadingdong

·
Registered
16,668 Posts
Memphis said:
except i've seen you in at least two pitchfork threads today. i'm sure in your world you'd have everyone boycott the site, so goofy
point me to these threads :epic:
and tbh its just people take what pitchfork have to say too seriously like it isnt just their own opinion and if our opinions aren't the same as pitchforks it doesn't mean we wrong or that we're less intelligent musically

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I'll say the same thing I've always said. I could never just listen to dubstep on my ipod or just driving or anything. But at a club or seeing a dubstep artist live is really cool and I fuck with that.

G

·
lol I kinda feel like Pitchfork says they like stuff that a lot of people don't like cause it would be too mainstream for them to agree and say they don't like it.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.