Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should it?

i don't think so.  why can't we just enjoy a track for the overall vibe and nice rhymes, even if they aren't rapping about some story/politics?  believe me i like hearing storytelling like that (though political rap isn't really my thing), but it seems like a good amount of people on this forum/internet in general trash anything that isn't some "super lyrical ghetto epic".

:dno:

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
alaska said:
i don't think so.  why can't we just enjoy a track for the overall vibe and nice rhymes, even if they aren't rapping about some story/politics?  believe me i like hearing storytelling like that (though political rap isn't really my thing), but it seems like a good amount of people on this forum/internet in general trash anything that isn't some "super lyrical ghetto epic".

·
Registered
82,518 Posts
Conscious rap should be rated on counsciouness.
Gangsta rap should be rated on gangstaness(?)
Trap "                                        " trap

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
I find the less conscious shit is easier to delve into too.
I need to be in a certain mood for conscious rap.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Music shouldn't be rated at all.

·
Premium Member
49,982 Posts
alaska said:
Couldn't have put it better myself.

·
Registered
15,298 Posts
thats why people like Waka. people shouldnt judge a rapper based on their lyrical ability or whatever. its how good they make their music.

if you hate Waka because he's not your type, i understand. But if you hate waka because hes not "real hip hop" or some shit. GTFO

·
Banned
32,125 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
dhso said:
I find the less conscious shit is easier to delve into too.
I need to be in a certain mood for conscious rap.
This. Whoever can just pop in a conscious rap album and vibe to it deserves props. I'd get bored as fuck quickly unless I was in the right mood.

·
Registered
16,156 Posts
no.

songs about black cards black cars and black bras >>>>>>>>>>> songs about how joy behar was behind 9/11

1 - 20 of 23 Posts