Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've been looking for a new laptop or perharps a new desktop as well. But I'm not to sure whether to switch to a Mac since I've been a PC all my life or not what do you guys think? Though if I get a Mac I could always just put Windows 7 on it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
YES.

Once you back Mac you won't go back.

ZERO problems with my 2.5 year old MacBook vs. TWO hard-drive crashes due to viruses (almost lost everything) for my mate's 12 month old Windows7 laptop.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Nah! I wouldn't do it man.
Apple's prices for their hardware is fucking ridiculous! No way, shape, or form are you getting your moneys worth. But if you got the dough and like shiny metal objects then go ahead and get you a mac. But for the same money you can get hardware (and software) twice as powerful... Just sayin.

And all those people out there that be like "My PC got a virus!" they deserve it. It's 2010 people. If you don't have the know-how to defend and protect your shit online you shouldn't be on the internet.
There are plenty of anti-virus programs out there that all (for the most part) do their jobs and keep your machines virus free.
But there's some new anti-virus shit out there called "Common Sense 2.0" If you ain't got that then, again... You don't belong on the internet.

I've had my PC for years. Not a single virus or piece of malicious code had ever made its way onto my hard drives.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Anti-virus do they're job most of the time, but there's always that one time where something gets through and fucks everything up. Happened to me (when I had a PC) and happens to everybody (except westnine9 apparently).

Now I don't even need any anti-virus software or crap like that. I'm just saying if want something hassle free, and you got the money, Apple is it IMO. If not then stick with Windows.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
:allears:  :allears:  :allears:
Yo Jimbo! said:
Anti-virus do they're job most of the time, but there's always that one time where something gets through and fucks everything up. Happened to me (when I had a PC)...
False. Maybe from your experience with PCs...

Yo Jimbo! said:
...and happens to everybody.
False. Again I'll chalk that up to "your" experiences with PCs.
:wom:

·
Registered
25,829 Posts
For the average person a PC will do, but if you're going into something that has to do with anything artistic I would definitely recommend a Mac. I have a MacBook and I love it. Also if for some reason you don't like the Mac interface You can install Windows 7 with bootcamp.. (don't know why you wouldn't just get a PC then...)

Also it's a proven fact Macs don't get as many viruses. So you don't have to worry about them..

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Get a Mac, you'll love it, if you don't you can use the BootCamp function to switch between windows/Mac OS at anytime.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I used a PC my whole life and got that new unibody Macbook Pro...

Pretty fuckin awesome. Still learning how to use it though. For now I'd say it's not worth it because I don't know how to use it to its fullest potential but I'm sure I will over time. It cost me like $2100 inc. high-res screen upgrade. No complaints with my decision so far.

·
Premium Member
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the comments guys and yeah cause of the prices of Macs these days it's kind of putting me of purchasing one but at the end of the day you do get your moneys worth.

·
Premium Member
116,471 Posts
macbook pro >>

·
Banned
736 Posts
WESTNiNE9 said:
Nah! I wouldn't do it man.
Apple's prices for their hardware is fucking ridiculous! No way, shape, or form are you getting your moneys worth. But if you got the dough and like shiny metal objects then go ahead and get you a mac. But for the same money you can get hardware (and software) twice as powerful... Just sayin.

And all those people out there that be like "My PC got a virus!" they deserve it. It's 2010 people. If you don't have the know-how to defend and protect your shit online you shouldn't be on the internet.
There are plenty of anti-virus programs out there that all (for the most part) do their jobs and keep your machines virus free.
But there's some new anti-virus shit out there called "Common Sense 2.0" If you ain't got that then, again... You don't belong on the internet.

I've had my PC for years. Not a single virus or piece of malicious code had ever made its way onto my hard drives.
or just get a mac so u dn't need any of that shit and it looks way better

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got a macbook for 1 year now and i love it. Mac's ergonomics are the best. When i come back on PC for some work i'm like "wtf is this shit".
The fact is, apple products are expensive, so think about what you wanna do on your computer before making any decision. I mean i'm a graphic designer student so i kinda had to buy a mac. I have to say that was one of the best decision of my life lol.

If you just wanna play games, buy a PC. There is no point to get a mac and spending your time on your bootcamp partition. it'd be waste of money.

·
Registered
590 Posts
^ AGREED.

I'm a graphic designer too and Apple really caters to the more creative type imo. My MacBook is one of the best things I've ever purchased. It's such a pleasure to come home and use it after being stuck on the shitty PCs at work all day (no offense Windows fans, these computers are at least 10 years old and just plain terrible).

It really depends on what you're going to use it for and how much you want to spend.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts