Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Banned
42,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TL;DR - Professor accused me of cheating despite not having any proof and asks me to take my coat off during test because she thinks I'm hiding something. Should I report her?

Today in my business calculus class we took our second test of the semester. The first test was hard as hell and only 10 out the 35 students in my class passed , me being one of them.
:hhh:
When my professor handed back last week's exam, she asked me how I passed. I told her I studied. She told me "You're lying. You didn't come to the exam review session nor did you attempt the online review. Who helped you on the test?" Now I'm pissed because I definitely cheated on last week's test but she has no right to just assume I cheated. I could not have copied someone else because every student received a different test so I look at her like
:foh:
I asked "Am I in trouble?" This bitch had the audacity to say "You had the potential to be the smartest minority student in this class but you chose to cheat" I just looked at her with the pokerface until she walked away.
:pokerface:
So today we're taking the test and I'm sitting in my usual seat, minding my business, taking the test and she comes right to my row and watches me. I see her, ignore her and keep taking my test because I have no reason to cheat today, test lowkey easy. I decide I need my calculator so I pull it out of my coat pocket and start using it.

She comes over and snatches my calculator out my hand pulls it out the case and examines to see if I have notes or devices inside the case. Now she's causing a scene (that's how I cheated last time). I couldn't help but laugh
:jordanlaff:
She tells me to take my coat off. Mind you its 1 degrees outside and I'm still cold. I say no. She gets mad and says it mad loud where everyone can hear. She apparently told security to be close by because they came in immediately and asked if there was a problem. She says "Yes, he won't take off his coat" Security looks at her with a dumbfounded look and asks what she wants me to take my coat off for. She tells them I'm hiding my phone.
:what:
I took my coat off before they even asked me to. I answered the last question on the test and then handed it to her and left with security who were totally lost on why she was on my back.

Although I laughed my way through this, I'm actually very offended and am considering reporting her to the head of the math department.

Save me those "you shouldn't cheat" comments, I don't need a moral lesson.

Should I report her or just go on about my business and see how I do on this test?

·
Banned
46,655 Posts
The minority thing is questionable. But you gave her reason to be suspicious and now you're offended because she's suspicious? Just don't fuck around anymore and pass the class.

·
Banned
42,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MegaFdub said:
The minority thing is questionable. But you gave her reason to be suspicious and now you're offended because she's suspicious? Just don't fuck around anymore and pass the class.
I'm not very offended by that because she's also a minority. All the other students are white except a few girls

·
Registered
248 Posts
Report her. Cheating is a product of a system that values grades over hard work, fuck em. Also she's giving you a hard time without proof so fuck her for that too

·
Registered
248 Posts
SENSE said:
Almost sounds fake. If she really came at you like that, she should definitely be reported. She has no right to attack you like that.
there's plenty of irrational crazies out there and some of them choose to become teachers

·
Banned
42,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SENSE said:
Almost sounds fake. If she really came at you like that, she should definitely be reported. She has no right to attack you like that.
I'm guessing you're not in college. Some professors are extremely irrational and since she's not an adjunct professor, she has alot of power and can't really be touched especially since she teaches 6 classes a day and 3 different courses

1 - 20 of 78 Posts