Kanye to The banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about exploring the world a bit more, and I've seen people take advantage of working holiday visas to really get immersed in another culture. Since I don't have my bachelors it would be hard for me to get jobs in another country any other way so I figured this might be the next best option.

At first I was looking at Japan since I've been before and liked it, and I know how to speak it a little bit, but it's not on the Working Holiday Visa list for the US

:what:

These are the countries US citizens can get working holiday visas for...

Australia
Ireland
New Zealand
Singapore
South Korea

I'm thinking maybe South Korea, but I also don't want to die when shit finally hits the fan with North Korea.

What would you choose?

:khaled:

·
Registered
26,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
T DOT said:
Ireland. Probably bars every where.
True :khaled:

T DOT said:
But I've never thought about this and it's something really interesting to me. I'm gonna look into this OP.
Good luck man. There are some requirements to get them, but I think it's a good opportunity if you can swing it and think you can get a job there.

OVO Cavs Nizzy said:
I would say no to South Korea and Singapore if you look like your avi.

Australia and New Zealand seem cool tho
I think I'd fit into any of them, but I'm mixed so I guess honestly I'd stand out regardless of where I went haha. Australia and New Zealand I think would be the easiest to fit into, but I feel like it wouldn't be too different from living in the states.

The accents tho :banderas:

·
Registered
26,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
T DOT said:
What job are you doing?
Not sure yet :kanyeshrug:

I could probably transfer with the retail job I have to one of the English speaking places like New Zealand or Australia because they have a surprisingly nice policy about that, but if I went somewhere like Korea I'd have to look into it.

I know for Korea at least you have to have about 3 months worth of cash to sustain yourself while you look for a job so you don't actually need a job before you go. You just have to prove you'll be constantly looking for one while there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts