Kanye to The banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think that ye had scrapped shmg/swish because he thought that most of the songs didn't have good writing?
I mean he does say in NMPILA that "the writers block is over"
And some songs from that era did make it to TLOP (ex: Feedback, Wolves, etc.)
Maybe its true or maybe I'm wrong who knows

·
Registered
14,336 Posts
Nah, you right

It wasn't necessariy that they had bad writing though, it was somewhat because he didn't finish writing them. Like, if you listen to the "Mind Is Powerful" leak, there is only a couple discernible lines there while the version of "Highlights" from the same leak had enough writing on it for a new verse. He just didn't feel some songs while making SHMG/SWISH, I guess.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
But he still released some-what weak album in terms of writing
Among cool moments I've only noticed
Part 2 verse
Famous was funny ( Kanye best etc. )
NMPILA
30 hours
Facts ( many bars but they are weak but new beat is hot as oven so I dont mind )

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Yuphoria said:
Didn't North accidentally erase stuff from his IPhone and he had to scrap it.
But how can Kanye who suppossedly records every part of making album haven't made a copy of written lyrics

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
pokerking4128 said:
But how can Kanye who suppossedly records every part of making album haven't made a copy of written lyrics
Could be that he decided to change his mind at the last minute and go with a different concept.
Kanye's not one to give people what they want, but what they need. Maybe that could also have something to do with it.

·
Banned
2,917 Posts
Blue Dream said:
He should've finished SHMG.
id rather have swish over shmg
They are different things
Shmg was scrapped or transformed into a new album swish
I think swish was supposed to be super lyrical and shit
Cause wasn't one of the reasons he scrapped shmg and started swish was because of kdots record
Songs like nmpila, 30 hours, famous, real friends, mind is powerful and maybe feedback were what swish would have sounded like Imo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts