Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wondered about this game and if it was actually good.  Two of my co-workers were talking about it today and from what they were saying it sounds like this game was amazing.  Anyone ever play/finish it?  Opinions?

·
Banned
10,256 Posts
M.A. said:

:problem?: :problem?:

i only played the demo :( but it was quite cool  :oblivious:
lol

the worst thing about the game is the framerate, but considering the technical shit they were pulling off on the PS2 the framerate was bound to be ass. Can't wait for the re-release in HD

·
Registered
25,534 Posts
A modern marvel of gaming tech at the time, beautiful graphics, intriguing yet mysterious story, with some amazing set pieces and game play to make it one of the best games of the last generation.

·
Registered
11,948 Posts
Manny said:
A modern marvel of gaming tech at the time, beautiful graphics, intriguing yet mysterious story, with some amazing set pieces and game play to make it one of the best games of the last generation.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Only word to describe that game is stunning. I mean I only kept 2 games from my PS2 days, I have Shadow of the Colossus, and FFXII. The game will blow you away. It is so simple. Minimalist gaming is the only way i can describe it. No enemies, no complex storyline. just 16 bosses/puzzles to beat. Lot's of little Easter eggs and replay value so it dosen't get boring. Also since the story is kept to a minimum it leaves a lot to the imagination. It is one of the best games I have ever played.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
^^^
This guy pretty much sums it up.
I would disagree with the replay value though.

After the first play, you can raise the difficulty, do time trail mode and unlock a few more weapons, and then there are the berries and lizard tales you can look for.

I just feel playing through the first time is amazing, I was always excited to see the next colosus, but that thrill goes with a second play.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CoreyMV said:
lol

the worst thing about the game is the framerate, but considering the technical shit they were pulling off on the PS2 the framerate was bound to be ass. Can't wait for the re-release in HD
Their re-releasing this game in HD?

·
Registered
516 Posts
dc... said:
^^^
This guy pretty much sums it up.
I would disagree with the replay value though.

After the first play, you can raise the difficulty, do time trail mode and unlock a few more weapons, and then there are the berries and lizard tales you can look for.

I just feel playing through the first time is amazing, I was always excited to see the next colosus, but that thrill goes with a second play.
Hell idk i felt like it was fun to just explore. Maybe that was just me. There are so many places that you don't even go to in the story line. Plus taking flights on hawks is fun, and yeah all the fun collectible stuff. I thought it had good replay value for a game that on the surface seems like it would have nothing.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
bLaZe said:
Just played through this, and I must say, #13 is the best battle I've ever experienced in a game.
Which one was thirteen?

The last boss is a major disappointment..

1 - 20 of 44 Posts